Toad World® Forums

(14.0.0.487) Problems when switching between connections

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the first connection with the edit window. TEST01 in my case (green):
    conn0

2. Switch the editor to the new connection. DEV01 in my case (blue):
    conn1

3. Switch back to TEST01.

4. Do some work on TEST01 long enough, so DEV01 connection "expires" (profile's limit).

5. Switch to DEV01 again:
    conn1

6. A disconnect error appears:
    conn3
    Clicking on reconnect gives:
    conn4

7. Now observe the problem #1: mismatch between connection names and colours.

• In main window's title the connection says that I'd expect, i.e. DEV01:
    conn5

• Status bar shows correct colour (DEV01 uses blue), but different instance name:
    conn2

1. Running SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','DB_NAME') db FROM dual; reveals the problem #2: different connection used depending on how the query is run.
  • When I run SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','DB_NAME') db FROM dual; using "Execute/Compile Statement (F9)" the result is:
    conn6

• But when run the same with "Execute Script (F5)" the result is:
    conn7

I tried to reproduce this one last week but was unsuccessful. Can you reproduce it consistently?

Do you have Team Coding enabled?
Do you have any other windows in Toad open (such as Object Palette or other dockable window)?
Also, please post a screen shot of your options at Options->Oracle->Transactions.

Thanks

I cannot reproduce it anymore... But I also upgraded to 14.0.0.519 in the meantime which might resolve the problem.
I have several windows docked and usually a describe one too, but I checked all that and none of the above problems occur. No Team Coding and these are my transactions settings:

Anyway, the case is closed, sorry to bother you.

It's no bother. I didn't do anything (that I'm aware of) to fix it, so it may return. Let me know if it does.