[15.1.29] Searching in oracle parameters is slow

In version 15.1.29 searching for an Oracle parameter is very slow. I typed in the text in the "Filter" field in the attached video at normal speed, but the input seems to be processed at one character per second. It also does not update until the input is complete.

Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-11-05 um 07.22.35.mov

Here is a video when I do the same with version 15.0.

Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-11-05 um 07.22.01.mov

As you can see the list is updated after each character and it is as fast as usual.

Hi Dirk,

This is working just as fast as always for me in 15.1.29, 64 bit. Does it happen consistently for you? (If you close/re-open the oracle params window or Toad?) You shouldn't have to resort to such measures, but I don't know why it's happening for you. Maybe your CPU was also busy doing something else at the time?

-John

After a restart of TOAD I'm no longer able to reproduce it. I'll keep an eye on it. When it happens again, I'll try to figure out some more information about what could cause it.

I had 15.0 and 15.1 running at the same time and 15.0 was ok, while 15.1 was slow. And anything else fast fast as well, so I don't think it was a general CPU-was-busy-issue.