Toad World® Forums

2 little bugs with TDM3 beta

Hello,

A little post for reporting 2 bugs I’ve noticed in the beta version :

• when unselecting some database supports in the install procedure, every launch of the application shows an alert popup :
    “One or more packages have not been loaded. (For complete inforation see Log)”
    Well I know that, I choose not to install them :wink:

• TDM3 stores the opened model, to reopen it automatically the next time. Great !
    But if you delete the model file, the next time the application starts, it will go totally crazy !

Thats all for now.

Thanx

Arnaud

Hello Arnaud,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. “One or more packages have not been loaded. (For complete information see Log)”.

This has been fixed for next version. This message will not display.

TDM3 stores the opened model, to reopen it automatically the next time. Great ! But if you delete the model file, the next time the application starts, it will go totally crazy !

Yes, we know about this problem and will try to find some acceptable solution. CR # 44 762.
Current workaround:
Please delete .txe file before you run TDM3.
.txe in Beta - default location:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler Beta\Configs

.txe in official TDM3 - default location:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs.

Details for users:
This problem occurs if you work with a model in TDM3 and leave it open in Designer. Then you delete the model.

After you run TDM3, you get a message “Model XY was not found.”, then another message “Error during loading of data necessary for opening Designer.”.
Unfortunately, all docked panes and dialogs will be undocked.

What we suggest now: Close TDM3 and go to your Configs folder to delete .txe file. Start TDM3 then.

Thanks for your feedback again!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Thanx for the work !