Toad World® Forums

2nd install impossible due to screwed registry

Hi all,

I installed beta166 and changed file paths to a non existing subdirectory (sorry…)

Installation terminated fine but program would not start. So I uninstalled it to reinstall. But the wrong path seems to be stored somewhere.

RegSeekers reports several not deleted entries… this alone is not nice.

Problem arises when installing again: Installation terminates OK but TDM does not start with “List index out of bounds (-1)”.

I have found no way to get rid of the old installation or to install a fresh one.

:slight_smile:
Armin

Hello Armin,

changed file paths to a non existing subdirectory.

Did you change the paths in the Settings menu | Options after you run the Beta?

Let me explain how it works.
In the Settings menu | Options | Paths, RE, Reports etc., the paths are set to the user Documents and Settings directory by default.
When you start the application, appropriate new directories are automatically created in this Documents and Settings directory. Here, everything that should be preserved when updating or reinstalling the application is stored (models, aliases, modified packages etc.)

If you need to do complete uninstall of TDM3 and start it from scratch, you need to uninstall the Beta first and then delete also the directories from the Documents and Settings directory.
The files are stored on two locations (these are the default paths):
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler Beta
and
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta

Let me note that deleting them, you will lose your models, saved aliases, reports etc. So, if you need them, you should back up them first.

So, if you changed the default paths from the Documents and Settings directory to another directory, you need to:

1. Uninstall the Beta.
  2. Delete the directories.
  3. Install the Beta again.

Please give it another try and let me know the result. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka