2nd Time for 'Race Condition' stopping scripts

Here is an error I’m getting - this is the second time and it happened to about 15 scripts of mine.

– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Setting up environment
– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Script run by Toad Data Point 3.7.0.973 as pdmaxwell on TXPLANPDMAXWEL1
– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Build started
– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Compiling script
– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Start CompileWorkflow
– 8/19/2015 6:31:24 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Before Compile
– 8/19/2015 6:31:54 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Return from CompileWorkflow
– 8/19/2015 6:31:54 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Script has Compiler Errors
– 8/19/2015 6:31:54 AM: CSM_FORECAST_CTID_USERS.log: Race condition during script compilation. Build failed

I don’t get an error email!!!

What is this error and any way to make sure it doesn’t happen again? These scripts are very important.

To planomax:

Thank you for posting in Toad World.

The logging suggests that a race condition occurred. Scripts scheduled to run simultaneously can cause conflicts. To workaround this issue, please stagger the scheduling of automation scripts.

If you still encounter issues, we can better diagnose this issue with a support bundle sent to us. The support bundle contains logging and additional information about your system.

How to send a support bundle

1. Launch Toad Data Point through the shortcut with the parameter /log=all.

2. Reproduce the issue and ensure the error message appears (If applicable).

3. Select Help -> Support Bundle
    2577.2.png

4. A new tab will appear. After it's done generating the bundle, Right-click the tab -> Save File to save the .zip file to any directory of your choosing.
    0044.5.png

5. Return to the Toad World thread and Post a Reply using Rich Formatting.
    Alternatively, you can send the support bundle file directly to Joshua.Liong@quest.com if you prefer to avoid posting system information publicly and skip the steps below.

5step.png

1. Compose a message

2. Select the Options tab next to Compose, then click Click to Add to add the .zip support bundle

3. Post when you're ready!
    7step.png

I have a LOT of scripts - I made sure that they are at least 2 minutes apart - I had a bunch that were 1 minute apart. I thought that was enough staggering. I’ll keep an eye out for the issue and report back if it happens again.