Toad World® Forums

6.3 crashing / disappearing


#1

I haven’t been able to track down a repeatable test case, but twice yesterday 6.3 was runnign a query and just disappeared. It was no longer running. Nothing in the event log, just not running anymore. Restarted it and ran the same query with no issue. Reminds me of what happened a few times with 6.2 before 6.2.1 came out. Very annoying when you have a bunch of unsaved code in editor windows! I’ll continue to try to track down a test case. Anyone else hitting this or something similar?


#2

So it just did it again. The query it was running was a simple select across one database link minus another select across a different database link. It showed the results for a fraction of a second and then disappeared.

Message was edited by: MarkM in PA


#3

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide the following information? We will try to reprocedure this problem in house:

  1. The SQL that you are executing.
  2. Number of records that SQL will return.
  3. Version of your DB(s) and Oracle client.

Thanks
Jeff


#4

This is going to be a beast to track down, because it’s not consistent. I have three highly similar queries:

  1. SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxdw1_data_view rep
    MINUS
    SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxdwuat_data_view rep

  2. SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email, rep.created_by, rep.created_date, rep.updated_by, rep.updated_date
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxdw1_data_view rep
    MINUS
    SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email, rep.created_by, rep.created_date, rep.updated_by, rep.updated_date
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxdwuat_data_view rep

  3. SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email, rep.created_by, rep.created_date, rep.updated_by, rep.updated_date
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxduat_data_view rep
    MINUS
    SELECT rep.team, rep.region, rep.terr, rep.terr_name, rep.rep_type, rep.rep_userid, rep.rep_email, rep.created_by, rep.created_date, rep.updated_by, rep.updated_date
    FROM dw_ref.lu_sales_roster@auxport1_to_auxdwuat_data_view rep

The database I am running this in is 10.2.0.4, while databases across the DB links are 11.1.0.6 for auxdw1 and 11.2.0.1 for auxdwuat. My local client is 11.1.0.6.

The source tables each contain 259 records. Query 1 should return no rows. Query 2 should return 11 rows, and query 3 was just for testing and should return nothing since it is a query minus itself.

Queries 1 and 2 intermittently crash 6.3. Interestingly, I also got 6.2.1 to crash once on Query 2 but not as consistently. Changing anything in the query such as adding a alias for both columns seems to make it run. I built the query by writing a query, selecting it, copy and pasting it and changing the dblink, and then adding the minus.

Good luck in trying to reproduce this. I’ll keep looking for a pattern if I hit other crashes.


#5

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your info. We have not been able to reproduce this yet in house and will be looking into this area for you. We will keep you posted with more update if we make any proggess.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce