Toad World® Forums

Access to xxx.sql file has been denied

Hi,
I’ve found “interesting” case:
I’ve restarted application after error [I didn’t post it - something related to code popups and indexe’s range].
After this I’ve returned to editing query. When I’ve tried to save file I get message like in subject of thread. Moreover, even if I closed Toad, I’m still not able to save to this file [from Notepad ++ and other aps.] It seems that file’s handle has been locked at OS level;(

Butter

To Butter:

Thank you for posting in Toad World! I think we will need a little bit more information to replicate this issue.

If you got an error message, it may be likely that the issue was recorded in our logs. If you can attach a support bundle, and provide a little bit more information, that would be great!

To Attach a Support Bundle

1. Launch Toad Data Point

2. Select in the top menu “Help” -> “Support Bundle”

3. An email will pop up with the .zip file, which you can save on your machine. If there is no email set up, then on the Support Bundle tab that appeared, Right Click -> Save.

4. Return to this thread, and compose by clicking on “Use Rich Formatting”

5. Select the “Options” Tab right next to “Compose”

6. Push “Click to Add” to add the support bundle, then you can click “Compose” to edit your message
    In your message, please state at around the **date and time this error occurred. **

7. Post!
    Also, if you can provide more details on how to reproduce this issue in general, we may be able to prevent this interesting case from occurring to more users.

Thanks for reporting!

-Joshua Liong

You can find my support bundle here:

drive.google.com/…/edit

To Butter:

Thank you for posting your support bundle! I attempted to simulate the failure point that I found in the support bundle but was unable to reproduce the locking file scenario.

Let us know if you encounter the issue again. A screenshot of the “Access Denied” window would be appreciated.

-Joshua Liong