Toad World® Forums

Access violation in TDM.exe (

I get the following error when I click on items that reference a workspace that is not open (including the workspace it self) in the Physical Model Explorer.

Error - Access violation at address 0074B4D1 in module 'TDM.exe'. 
Read of address 00000000

I am running on Windows XP SP2 and I am using version 3.0.8.193. I created this model under this version and it has no user permissions specified.

I tried closing the model and reopening it, and now I get the error trying to open it. I created another model to test with. I added a workspace and then switched between them (this was a logical model so I used the Logical Model Explorer). No problem. There must be something wrong with the file I have but I don’t know how to fix it. I would hate to have to recreate it.

Could someone look at it and help me out?
David

dw_physical.txp (115 KB)

Hello David,

Please find attached your model. We’ve corrected it. -> We’ve removed three shortcuts of three relationships from the first WS. These shortcuts were causing the problems. They were related to no existing shapes.

Will you please remember what shapes they were? Did you do any nonstandard operations?

Thanks for the details.

Vladka + Petr
dw_phy~2.txp (113 KB)

I was able to open the model - Thank you. I do not remember doing anything unusual or nonstandard, but then again I am just learning about modeling.

Thank you again.
David

O.K. Fine.

If you come across any trouble, do not hesitate to write us.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

After upgrading Toad modeler to 3.6.6.7 version I got Access violation error.

My OS is Windows 7 (32 bit )

Several de-install/install would not help. Installing newest windows packs did not help also.

Lower versions for ( 3.5 and 3.4 ). The installation cam as Toad commercial installation 6.1.

Could you please find if there were similar problems with this version.

Thanks.

After upgrading Toad modeler to 3.6.6.7 version I got Access violation error.

My OS is Windows 7 (32 bit )

Several de-install/install would not help. Installing newest windows packs did not help also.

Lower versions for ( 3.5 and 3.4 ). The installation cam as Toad commercial installation 6.1.

Could you please find if there were similar problems with this version.

Thanks.
ToadDataModelerError3.6.1.jpeg

Hi,

I would like to ask you for additional information. Please try to:

• backup and delete TDM.txe file
  • look for TDM.elf file and if you find it, send it to modeling@quest.com
  • try to run TDM with command line parameter and send us generated log file to modeling@quest.com

More information:
http://blogs.inside.quest.com/modeling/2011/02/02/when-tdm-wont-start/

http://blogs.inside.quest.com/modeling/2010/11/02/problems-on-application-startup/

Thank you,

Vaclav