"add to group" button never get active

Hallo List,

we use 3.2 for long time and now it’s time to upgrade. I install 5.5.3.791. All works like expect but with teamcoding I have some problems. I’m not sure that I understand the doc right.

I use VSS.

So I install serverside without errors. Create 2 groups assosiated to 2 projects from vss.
Then I login with some user and want add this user to on of this group but the button isn’t active.

Now the questions: does the user(working, not dba) need some rights? Where is the the mapping between db schemas and groups?

Thanks for any tips and help.

regards Dietmar

Hi, Welcome to the Community.
It is nice to have some new people on board.

Here i am giving some steps on how to setup Teamcoding for SQLNAV.

1. Log into Database as sqlnav/sqlnav in SQL Navigator 5.5.3==> SQLNAV is the administrator user for team coding. It will be created as part of serverside objects creation on the database server.

2. Now Click on the View teamcoding Status for this session in SQL navigator(As shown in teamcoding2.jpg).

3. click on Settings on the Team coding status dialog in SQL navigator(As shown in teamcoding3.jpg). Ensure that you have logged in to the VSS first using proper user credentials.

4. click on the View or configure Code control Group button in SQL navigator (As shown in teamcoding4.jpg).

5. Click on Add Group Button on the Code Control Groups dialog. Type in some name for new group dialog. Now click on the Project Name Browse button and associate with the VSS project (Observe teamcoding5.jpg, teamcoding6.jpg, teamcoding7.jpg in order).

6. Now in Code Control Group dialog click on Add mask button and in Mask properties dialog select the schema that you want to associate with Teamcoding. For example here i am adding Source schema of my test database (As shown in teamcoding8.jpg, teamcoding9.jpg). By default it controls most of the database objects. You can exclude some of them by selecting relevant options.

7. Repeat the above steps to add another code control group and associate with second project of VSS and control the second database schema of your choice. For example here i am adding store schema of my test database to the second group.

8. Please observe the snapshots teamcoding10.jpg to teamcoding15.jpg in order.

Note : You have to be careful in selecting local working directory for VSS projects. Here all the configuration is done by SQLNAV (Which i mentioned above).

regards
Sekhar
TeamCoding2.zip (468 KB)

Hi, Welcome to the Community.
It is nice to have some new people on board.

Here i am giving some steps on how to setup Teamcoding for SQLNAV.

1. Log into Database as sqlnav/sqlnav in SQL Navigator 5.5.3==> SQLNAV is the administrator user for team coding. It will be created as part of serverside objects creation on the database server.

2. Now Click on the View teamcoding Status for this session in SQL navigator(As shown in teamcoding2.jpg).

3. click on Settings on the Team coding status dialog in SQL navigator(As shown in teamcoding3.jpg). Ensure that you have logged in to the VSS first using proper user credentials.

4. click on the View or configure Code control Group button in SQL navigator (As shown in teamcoding4.jpg).

5. Click on Add Group Button on the Code Control Groups dialog. Type in some name for new group dialog. Now click on the Project Name Browse button and associate with the VSS project (Observe teamcoding5.jpg, teamcoding6.jpg, teamcoding7.jpg in order).

6. Now in Code Control Group dialog click on Add mask button and in Mask properties dialog select the schema that you want to associate with Teamcoding. For example here i am adding Source schema of my test database (As shown in teamcoding8.jpg, teamcoding9.jpg). By default it controls most of the database objects. You can exclude some of them by selecting relevant options.

7. Repeat the above steps to add another code control group and associate with second project of VSS and control the second database schema of your choice. For example here i am adding store schema of my test database to the second group.

8. Please observe the snapshots teamcoding10.jpg to teamcoding15.jpg in order.

Note : You have to be careful in selecting local working directory for VSS projects. Here all the configuration is done by SQLNAV (Which i mentioned above).

regards
Sekhar
TeamCoding1.zip (613 KB)

Hello Sekhar,

thanks for your great step to step help. I try it without sucess. I'll upload a screenshot. May this help you to see the problem.

For me is the box for the new group differ. I have no chance to set the working dir. I set it in the generell setting.

Any idea.

The os is Win2000 SP4, SourceSafe is 6.0 Build 8163.

Thanks Dietmar

Hi,

If you want to setup a local working directory for Vss , first you need to setup one local working directory for Vss server on your client pc and then you have to point SQLNAV to look there in the Team coding Setting >> General dialog.Please follow my snapshots in order.

regards
sekhar
Team_coding.zip (464 KB)

Hello sekhar,

thanks for all your help. I think now the problems are solved! My mistake was, that I don’t add the mask for the schema mapping. I read the help not good enough because I understood that the mask is only for excluding objects and not (generally) for mapping!

Now I think I need some time to find all I need. But I also download the Beta and look only short into the editor. It looks great.

I come from the java side and there exitst some very good ide for development. But with the new beta you start to goto into the right way to become a good ide (editor) for development.

Thanks and regards Dietmar