Alter Procedure and Grants are Missing

Hi,

Running Toad for Sybase 2.1.0.2921. When I alter a procedure the grants are missing. This obviously creates a big problem. I’ve looked through every option and cannot seem to get the grants included. A nice commented is added to the bottom “/***** Grants *****/” but no grants are included. When I open the same proc in Rapid SQL the grants are always included.

This was documented in this thread back in 2012 with a comment that it would be fixed in a future release: http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-sybase/f/24/t/5274.aspx

The release notes for Toad Sybase 2.1 indicates this is fixed: http://documents.quest.com/toad-for-sybase/2.1/release-notes/release-notes

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Pat

Hi pkolis,

we reworked the procedures editors for 3.0 and now Grants are included. Please, see the screenshot below:

Can you try our Beta if it works for you too?

Thanks a lot,

Hi Daniel,

I did get this to work but the behavior is a little unintuitive. I have used Toad extensively (9 years) in the past with Oracle.

I remember altering a procedure and having everything ready for change then recompile. With this version you have to Alter Procedure, make your changes, make
sure Recompile is set to true, click on SQL Script, then Execute.

Why not Alter Procedure and have everything ready to go including the grants, make changes and compile?

Pat

From: Daniel Bizon [mailto:bounce-DanielBizon@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:33 AM

To: toadsybase@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum] Alter Procedure and Grants are Missing

RE: Alter Procedure and Grants are Missing

Reply by Daniel Bizon

Hi pkolis,

we reworked the procedures editors for 3.0 and now Grants are included. Please, see the screenshot below:

Can you try our Beta if it works for you too?

Thanks a lot,

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Sybase - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is intended to be viewed only by the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by any transmission error. This message may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose except as permitted by law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission. If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your computer and all back-up systems.

Hi pkolis,

can you please try this way if it suits you better?

Select a procedure in Object Explorer, select Script Tab, check Grants and then you can send the Script to Editor using the button.

If this method is not working for you could you please write us an example of how it should work?

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the late response. Your suggestion does help and I think I’ve worked enough with the UI to be comfortable with it now.

Initially I was using Toad for Sybase 2.1.02921 which is Freeware. Based on your suggestion I switched to the Beta Version 3.0.0.807 and it expires on 6/3/2015. Is there going to be a Freeware version of this Beta?

Thanks,

Pat

Hi pkolis,

there is going to be one more beta - we plan to release it on Monday and it is to expire at the beginning of July. The release of a new version of Toad for SAP Solutions 3.0 is targeted at the beginning of August and yes, there will be a new freeware installer (and this feature is included in the freeware license).

Hi Daniel,

Will the freeware version that’s targeted for release in August have debugging capabilities?

Pat

From: Daniel Bizon [mailto:bounce-DanielBizon@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:07 AM

To: toadsybase@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum] Alter Procedure and Grants are Missing

RE: Alter Procedure and Grants are Missing

Reply by Daniel Bizon

Hi pkolis,

there is going to be one more beta - we plan to release it on Monday and it is to expire at the beginning of July. The release of a new version of Toad for SAP Solutions 3.0 is targeted at the
beginning of August and yes, there will be a new freeware installer (and this feature is included in the freeware license).

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Sybase - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is intended to be viewed only by the addressee. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by any transmission error. This message may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose except as permitted by law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission. If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your computer and all back-up systems.

Hi pkolis,

I’m sorry but the answer is no. The debugger is not licensed for freeware.

Thanks,