Toad World® Forums

AlwayOn AG Backups - Supress Backup Alarm for primary Node (when using Backup preferences Secondary only)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Spotlight on SQL Enterprise, Backup Alarm Settings can be configured in a way that won’t fire if the Node being monitored is the primary Node.

I want to run all backups on the Secondary only for AG.

What I need is to have the alerts turned on for each node, and on the primary, the backup job is suppressed as its the primary but in a situation where we failover, the alarm would become active for what was the primary and is now the secondary(and vice versa).

Is that feasible?

thank in advance

J

Hi

Think I remember seeing a fix in the latest version, haven’t had time to upgrade and text yet though.

Cheers

Sent from
Nine

From: “Jonathan.Baynes” bounce-JonathanBaynes@toadworld.com

Sent: 22 Nov 2017 10:55

To: sosse@toadworld.com

Subject: [Spotlight on SQL Server - Discussion Forum] AlwayOn AG Backups - Supress Backup Alarm for primary Node (when using Backup preferences Secondary only)

AlwayOn AG Backups - Supress Backup Alarm for primary Node (when using Backup preferences Secondary only)

Thread created by Jonathan.Baynes

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Spotlight on SQL Enterprise, Backup Alarm Settings can be configured in a way that won’t fire if the Node being monitored is the primary Node.

I want to run all backups on the Secondary only for AG.

What I need is to have the alerts turned on for each node, and on the primary, the backup job is suppressed as its the primary but in a situation where we failover, the alarm would become active for what was the primary and is now the secondary(and vice versa).

Is that feasible?

thank in advance

J

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Spotlight on SQL Server Forum
notifications altogether.

Spotlight on SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi,

I suggest to post your question or discussion on our new community forums page for Spotlight:

Database Performance Monitoring Community

As the other user mentioned, this issue has been addressed in our latest release (version 12.0.1). So I suggest to upgrade. You can find our installers here.

Gita
Visit our Support Portal page
Our new Database Performance Monitoring Community page

Hi,

Im already on 12.0.1, the forum doesn’t help in any way and there are no (easily findable) documentation…

any other suggestions.

Hi Jonathan,

I suggest to contact our support team if you haven’t done so already. They’ll be able to help you on this issue.

Gita

thanks, already done that and they don’t have anything either…