Toad World® Forums

an Undo Question

Is anyone else experiencing UNDO undoing WAAAAY more than it used to?

Yes. Sometimes it seems to undo way more than just one edit. I think I’ve encountered it twice yesterday, during about 4-5 hours of editing.
Redo undid the undo (but not all of it, as far as I could determine).

I also got the undo to undo too much in only one click,
I made redo and the undo would so the same, but i couldn’t find the “trigger” to make the undo have this bad behavior.

Regards

I played around with this as well but could not get the problem. Let me know if there’s more information that can help reproduce.

Gwen

Hi

I already got it several other times …
After I write several times without saving (and done undo between) there is a undo that will get me to the fist edit

I still was not able to make a reproducible scenery

Gwen,

I only got it when editing inside packages, not when just using the code editor to launch queries or execute PL/SQL blocks.

Last time it occurred I’d just typed DEL to remove a selected line of code, after which I did CTRL-Z to get it back. Instead, a whole lot more of previous editing was undone. I then selected Edit->Redo (veeerrry carefully, as I thought I’d lost a particularly difficult piece of code along the way), which brought everything back minus the removed line of code (pfew!).
Hope this helps…

Hi

I also got the problem only inside package body edition…
I also got that even after I save the package several times and after a backspace the undo would go to the initial package state (from when I opened it)
after that only close the package and open it again got the undo working correctly with that package

Regards
Filipe

I think I have a test scenario that “works” (or doesn’t work as it it should):

Create a dummy package with the following script:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE X IS
PROCEDURE Y;
END X;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY X IS
PROCEDURE Y
IS
BEGIN
NULL;
END Y;
END X;

Now, open the package body, and edit the code (e.g., inside the procedure, insert a “RETURN;” statement before the “NULL;” statement).
Then, select the “NULL;” statement line (I did it using the SHIFT and ARROW UP/DOWN keys) and press DEL. Finally, press CTRL-Z.
The “NULL;” statement line reappears, but the “RETURN;” statement line is gone, too…

Nice find, Dominique !
(using that i also got the “not working” feature)

Nice find indeed. I will raise a CR for it. Thanks a lot for the info.

Gwen

The Undo issue has been figured out in our internal build.
Please check it out in the next release.
Thanks.

Lyla Su

Hi

I still did got the error again :frowning:

Thanks
Filipe

I did not (yet). Is it reproducible in some way, Filipe?

Only got one time

I am trying to get it again

update: I didn’t get it again, maybe this time was bad user operation (my fault!)
sorry

Message was edited by: Fsilva