Toad World® Forums

Application Close dialog when multiple models open

In version 3.0.8.193, when one closes TDM with one changed model open and one unchanged model open, the Application Close dialog lists both models when asking which models should be saved. I believe that it should only ask about models that have actually been changed. Can this be implemented?

Thanks.

Rodney

Hello,

Thank you for this question.

Explanation how it’s meant:
In the Application Close window, all models that you’ve opened are listed so you have a clear view of all of them. Here, you can decide:

• if you like to save the changes in models and where,
  • and for those that you haven’t modified, you can define another path to save.
    Anyway, definitely such models should not be automatically selected for save. - This will be fixed. CR # 36 657.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Vladka

The Application Close window is currently only shown if at least one model has been changed. Since having something changed is the trigger, only those models that have been changed should be in the list. If I see something in the list that is unchecked, I’d be trying to figure out whether there was a change that I had forgotten or whether the program is changing something that I hadn’t intended to change.

If you want to give people a chance to save things that they haven’t changed to some other location, the program should show the Application Close window every time the application closes regardless of whether anything has been changed.

Rodney

Hello Rodney,

Thank you for your opinion.

We will make the following modification in the Application Close dialog: models that are open but have not been modified will not be selected to Save. So, there should be no confusion now.

We think it’s more comfortable for users to have all opened models listed in the Application Close window and decide what to do with them - whether to save changes or not, resave to another file etc.
Here, TDM 3 also warns you if you select a file to save that is already open in the application etc.

If you want to give people a chance to save things that they haven’t changed to some other location, the program should show the Application Close window every time the application closes regardless of whether anything has been changed.

I don’t think many users would appreciate it.

Regards,

Vladka