Toad World® Forums

Attribute browser

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it, but I believe that TDM2 had a tool that would permit me to browse all the attributes from all the tables in a single list. As I recal the list of attributes could be sorted by table, attribute name (column name), and probably other fields also.

It “feels” like this should be available in TDM3 on the Model menu, where I see “Entities, Relationships, etc.”.

Is this available somewhere in TDM3 already and I am missing it? Is this planned for later?

Thanks

Morgan

Yes, you’re right attribute browser is missing. You can see attributes only in Entity Properties forms | tab Attributes (here you can sort them), or in Model Explorer, particular entity folder.

I’ve entered your request to our system. Thanks. CR # 46 115.

Regards,

Vladka

Yes, you’re right attribute browser is missing. You can see attributes only in Entity Properties forms | tab Attributes (here you can sort them), or in Model Explorer, particular entity folder.

Yes, you can view them in those places, but as you know you are limited to seeing the attributes for one entity at a time.

I’ve entered your request to our system. Thanks. CR # 46 115.

The attribute browser permitted you to see them across all entities and do useful things like sort by column name, datatype, etc.

Thanks

Morgan

Yes, we understand. We will look at this issue.

Unfortunately, the attribute browser will not be available in next official release 3.1.5 - I’ve wanted to inform you…

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi,
Just a quick update. The new feature Object Viewer (Objects menu) allows you to list attributes and access their Properties dialogs. Object Viewer is available in current Beta 3.3.4 and will be available in next full version 3.3.5.x.

Regards,

Vladka