Toad World® Forums

Auto-Layout

I know this was mentioned last year (I contributed to the mentioning… ), but I think it bears repeating.

The auto-layout in TDM is really not very useful. It scatters the tables across a very wide swath of thinly populated pages. At 10% zoom, you can usually get all of them on the screen at one time. And printing? Well, you’d better hope the paper is free! And it will take a football field (American or European - or maybe both!) to spread them all out.

It would be nice if the tables were not scattered all over the place. 100 tables isn’t so many that we should need a plotter with a 300 yard roll of paper in order to print the ERD!

Hi,

thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: You are right, there is still area for improvements. Re free paper: if it is not absolutely necessary to print the ERD (for audit purposes etc.), you can share the model with co-workers and they can use the FREEWARE version as a viewer.

Tip: you can change distance coefficients in Settings. The smaller value you set, the closer objects will be. See attached screenshot.

Also, we added there new option (horizontal autolayout).

Thanks again,

Vaclav

Hi,

thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: You are right, there is still area for improvements. Re free paper: if it is not absolutely necessary to print the ERD (for audit purposes etc.), you can share the model with co-workers and they can use the FREEWARE version as a viewer.

Tip: you can change distance coefficients in Settings. The smaller value you set, the closer objects will be. See attached screenshot.

Also, we added there new option (horizontal autolayout).

Thanks again,

Vaclav
2013-03-13 11_30_06-Toad Data Modeler.png

Thanks for the tip! I will try reducing the disctance.