Automation Designer and log file generation

I am building a Rexec script so I can run some commands on a remote Linux server.

I can build the script without any issues and when I run the job it says it completes successfully.

Part of the process when building the job is to choose the ‘Output - File’ option and supply a path to store the results on my local machine.

The file gets created but it is always empty.

I have chosen the ‘clipboard’ and ‘output window’ options as well and these do not get populated either.

Anybody have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

TIA,

-Mark

Are you connecting using rexec or ssh? I tried a simple connection via ssh returning hostname and got results. Do you get results with a simple, single command?

On 11/24/2015 12:17 PM, Mark Kurtz wrote:

Automation Designer and log file generation

Thread created by Mark Kurtz
I am building a Rexec script so I can run some commands on a remote Linux server.

I can build the script without any issues and when I run the job it says it completes successfully.

Part of the process when building the job is to choose the 'Output - File' option and supply a path to store the results on my local machine.

The file gets created but it is always empty.

I have chosen the 'clipboard' and 'output window' options as well and these do not get populated either.

Anybody have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

TIA,

-Mark

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Interesting. Rexec ‘appears’ to run but does not create a log file but SSH will create the log file. I ran a vey simple job (ls) and it worked.

Now I am trying something more elaborate so let’s see what happens.

Thanks Michael.

There might be a problem with rexec. I'm not setup to test it at the moment.

On 11/24/2015 01:14 PM, Mark Kurtz wrote:

RE: Automation Designer and log file generation

Reply by Mark Kurtz
Interesting. Rexec 'appears' to run but does not create a log file but SSH will create the log file. I ran a vey simple job (ls) and it worked.

Now I am trying something more elaborate so let's see what happens.

Thanks Michael.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.