Toad World® Forums

(Automation) link SQL in loop dataset activity

like i say it in the title, it will be great to be able to link sql file in loop dataset activity, like in ‘select to file’ or ‘execute script’ activities.

I use to retrieve DBlink aliases and other config. informations stored in a table on my main server to run sql scripts on selected other ones.

I’m using this method to request several servers on different datacenters using parallel activity.

it’s work fine but when a new server is added to my table and when i need to modify the sql script in loop activity, i had to do this manually for all my existing scripts using this activity !

Thanks to think about it !

Franck

There might be a workaround. Did you try to use ‘Select dataset variable’ dropdown for this purpose? Let’s say you insert Execute Script activity with linked SQL file somewhere before Loop Dataset activity. In this case a variable with saved result set from Execute Script activity will be listed in ‘Select dataset variable’ dropdown. Select it and the result set from Execute Script activity will be used for looping data in Loop Dataset.

Could it help you?

Igor.

LoopDataset.jpeg

​Hi Igor,

it seems to be a good idea !

i’have never seen the dropdown button ! i feel so stupid !

If i well understand, the execute dataset array variable will drop down in the loop dataset array variable ?

One more step but it’s a workaround !

I will try this, thanks !

Franck

De : Igor Manokhin bounce-IgorM@toadworld.com

Envoyé : mercredi 5 novembre 2014 19:59

À : toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Objet : RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] (Automation) link SQL in loop dataset activity

RE: (Automation) link SQL in loop dataset activity

Reply by Igor Manokhin
There might be a workaround. Did you try to use ‘Select dataset variable’ dropdown for this purpose? Let’s say you insert Execute Script activity with linked SQL file somewhere before Loop Dataset activity. In this case a variable with saved result set from
Execute Script activity will be listed in ‘Select dataset variable’ dropdown. Select it and the result set from Execute Script activity will be used for looping data in Loop Dataset.

Could it help you?

Igor.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

hi again !

I’ve tried this workaround in a simple automation script and it works !, i will try in a complex one with nested loops and conditions !

Thank’s again.

Franck

I’m glad it was helpful.

Thanks,

Igor.