AV in 12.11.0.3 removing toolbar

Howdy!

Just setting up the latest beta (released in the nick of time – THANKS!), where I reset the toolbars how I like them. I r/c on the Jump Search toolbar to get the toolbar menu, but got an AV instead:

Exception:

2.1 Date : Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:11:50 -0500
2.2 Address : 00000000042077FF
2.3 Module Name: Toad.exe - (Toad™ for Oracle®)
2.5 Type : EAccessViolation
2.6 Message : Access violation at address 00000000042077FF in module ‘Toad.exe’. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD.
2.7 ID : 64470000
2.8 Count : 1
2.11 Sent : 0

Active Controls:

4.1 Form Class : TJumpDropdownForm
4.2 Form Text :
4.3 Control Class: TEdit
4.4 Control Text :

Reproducible every time for me. I can send the whole packet off-forum, if needed.

Thanks!
Rich

Disclaimer: “Hate” is a four-letter word. Just like “head”, “meat”, “tree”, “moon”, and “election”.

Can you get to the call stack?

On 2016/10/25 10:26, John Dorlon wrote:

RE: AV in 12.11.0.3 removing toolbar

Reply by John Dorlon
Can you get to the call stack?

And more! :slight_smile:

Attached. Enjoy, and Thanks!

I can’t reproduce this. 32 or 64 bit? Where exactly are you right-clicking? I tried on the jump-to box itself and on both sides of it (the grabby thing to the left and just above the drop-down arrow on the right). Does it bomb as soon as you right-click or when you choose something?

64-bit. r/c on the text field when it still has the “Jump to… (Ctrl+J)” text. I get a busy pointer for a sec or 2, then AV.

I don’t know, Rich, I’m not seeing that. Reset user files?

Interesting that I can get the same thing to happen in 12.8.0.49, which is the oldest version I was just about to uninstall…

And a reset on User Files in 12.8.0.49 fixed that version, so it would seem likely to fix it in 12.11 beta.

Preparing to nuke User Files!

Why are you preparing? You’re always preparing! Just go!

Thanks, John!
Rich

Hey Rich, we just found out that the original beta MSI was sent out in Chinese, but the patch (msp) was in English. This could have caused some funkiness (potentially) with the toolbars. Although, it wouldn’t explain why you were getting it in older versions :-(. Either way, we are putting up a new set of files to fix the Chinese issue in the msi. Maybe worth trying to download the files when they are available to see if that fixes this toolbar issue as well. I’ll let everyone know when they are ready, if you want to try it.

Will do!

Thanks, Dennis!