We are proud to announce the launch of Benchmark Factory v8.2 beta.
We want to encourage you to participate in this beta program to help us to deliver a high quality product. Quest’s beta programs are your opportunity to participate in the development, direction, and quality assurance testing of our products. By becoming a beta tester you have direct access to the development team and product management.
What’s new (so far):
- Linux Agent
- Currently only supports CentOS 7.x, Red Hat 7.x, or Oracle Linux 7.x systems
- Automatically install Linux agent on Linux system from BMF console. (through rpm package)
- Provide rpm package for Linux Agent, so you can install agent by using yum install
- Support Oracle testing include TPC-C, TPC-E and TPC-H
- You can create MySQL connection without ODBC.
- Various bug fixes
Please participate and follow the instructions below.
- Read the Beta Agreement. Downloading the Beta constitutes usage agreement.
- Download and run the desired installer (32 or 64 bit).
- Post your feedback by posting a Reply to this forum topic. Remember your feedback counts!
- you need to install oracle client on Linux system if you want to testing oracle database with Linux agent. Either full client and instant client are supported. For instant client please use oracle 10.2 instant client, if you are using higher version then you have to create symbolic link to oracle 10.2 instant client, otherwise linux agent will not be able to connect to oracle. You can follow below stpes
a) download oracle instant client from oracle website (zip or rpm)
b) install instant client follow https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/linuxx86-64soft-092277.html
c) edit .bash_profile to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
d) go to the oracle installation directory and create symbolic link if you install oracle instant client other than 10.2. for exmpale
create a symbol link ln –s libclntsh.so.18.0 libclntsh.so.10.1 (assume you use oracle 18 instant client)
- resolving RPM package, copy this text into a ‘bmfrel.el7.repo’ file on your Linux System. if you want to use yum install agent manually.
name=Benchmark Factory Release Repo