Toad World® Forums

BETA 3.0.6.164 Is Bringing Support for Alter Scripts and MySQL 5!

Hello all,

I’m happy to inform you that we’ve just released another BETA version - v. 3.0.6.
I’m sure many of you will like it - see what it brings…

TDM v. 3.0.6 includes:

• support for Alter scripts,
  • support for MySQL 5 db,
  • new Model Comparator,
  • enhanced Version Manager - lock/unlock modification, ‘Check Out’ for file, new ‘Add Project’ icon, enhanced List of Files, Versions etc.
  • enhanced New Model option,
  • enhanced Reverse Engineering Wizard (e.g. Did the Cancel button make you angry? - It won’t any more!..)
  • enhanced Report Wizard (e.g. Do you need to generate another report without the necessity to close the wizard and go through the steps again? - It’s not a problem at all now!..)
  • and other resolved issues.

Well, this has been just a brief summary. Please read the BETA 3.0.6. Release Notes doc at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=933&categoryID=29

Download and check out the latest BETA via:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/ann.jspa?annID=106

=======
Important Notes:

1. This installation contains a new package “My Package”. My Package (My Package.txg) replaces your User Package (User.txg).
  • If you install TDM 3 BETA for the first time, you do not need to make any changes.
  • If you update TDM 3 BETA now and are sure you did not save any changes to your User Package in previous BETA, please delete User.txg file before you install the new BETA.
  • If you update TDM 3 BETA now and saved any changes to your User Package in previous BETA, please rename your User.txg file to My Package.txg before you install the new BETA.

(Possible path: C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Packages\GUID}.

1. Alter script, Model Merge and Model Compare features:
    These operations require a lot of RAM and may also last quite long. If you make several model comparisons and alter script generations for more models, it may lead to the application freeze. In this case, you will have to restart the application. We apologize for the inconveniences. This BETA is the first TDM release supporting alter scripts, and we know it’s not perfect. We are still developing and enhancing it (plus the corresponding features and functions), and would like to ask you for patience. Thank you!

2. Alter script feature is available only for Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g models.

Enjoy the new BETA!

Vladka & TDM Team

Message was edited by: vladka

added note 3

Message was edited by: vladka

The current message says:

“3. Alter script feature is available only for Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g models.”

Will the “alter script” feature be available for MySQL 5 database in the final version?

Hi Charlie,

I can confirm that the generation of alter scripts will be available for Oracle 9 and Oracle 10 models in the first official release of TDM3. Plans related to database coverage with regard to alter scripting features have not been defined yet. Thank you for understanding it.

Regards,

Vaclav