Toad World® Forums

Beta 3322 totally broken for me

I can’t do anything with the new release. My model comes up, but double clicking on (e.g.) a table brings up the editor that has ampersands in front of the tab names (like &Attributes, &General, etc.) and no fields or tables are present (the combo drop down is empty, teh attribute list is empty). As soon as I close the popped up dialog, I get an exception.

What do I do with the bug report? I’ll see if I can find a place on this site…

• Lutz

Hi Lutz,

What OS do you have?

Please send us the Eurekalog you get:
Open details of the error, select the Copy to Clipboard checkbox, press OK, paste the text to the email or notepad etc. and send to us - e.g. to modeling@quest.com.

Eurekalog flash movie:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=2061&categoryID=158

Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka

One more note:
Please have a look at the Message Explorer. If there are any messages, please send them to us - right-click the Message Explorer and select Save Messages. Send us the log.txt or locallog.txt file then. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Lutz,

Thanks for the eurekalog, we got it. We will verify the problem. As soon as I know more, I’ll write immediately.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Lutz,

Please write us:

• what database is the model of.
  • if there is ANY message in Message Explorer, if so, what message it is.
  • what databases you selected during installation of TDM (did you select all, or did you choose only some of them? Which did you install or didn’t install?)

Thanks very much for the details.

Regards,

Vladka

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix this. I am still unable to edit my model. - Not sure what you mean here. It’s a model for SQL 2005 of my design.-Yes. They are
“Error during consolidation”

“Unexpected error during loading of form.”

• I installed MS SQL 2005 and MS SQL 2008 and MySQL 5.0. No other DBs. I only have the beta on this machine.

• Lutz

Hello Lutz,

I installed MS SQL 2005 and MS SQL 2008 and MySQL 5.0. No other DBs. I only have the beta on this machine.

This is the information we needed. Thanks very much. We managed to simulate the problem and will try to solve it asap. Thanks for your patience. CR # 54 386.

Workaround: Please try to install all support for MySQL db as well. To sum up, please install support for MS SQL 2008, MS SQL 2005, MS SQL 2000, MySQL 5.0 and also MySQL 5.1. This should work.

In case of any troubles, please write us back. Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka + Dave

Message was edited by: dkretek

I installed MySQL 5.0 and 5.1 but that did not help, the problem remained the same. Then I thought since you seemed to think that earlier version packages of the database engine I was using would resolve it, I also installed MS SQL 2000. That fixed it and it works again.
Thanks!

• Lutz

Great! Happy to hear it. Thanks.

Thanks again for your bug notification. We will deal with it.

Regards,

Vladka