Toad World® Forums

Beta 6.1 ORA-00600

I loaded 6.1beta and started using it, then I got a message from the DBAs giving me the following error, caused by SQLNavigator.exe. I got out of SQLNav. then a little while later, I got back into it, going to a different instance, and the DBA notified me again, saying the same message appeared on the other instance. I had to uninstall 6.1 and go back to 6.0.

Thanks.
-Charlie

ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12333], [0], [0], [0], [], [], [], []
Current SQL statement for this session:
select :schema owner,a.object_name,a.object_id,a.created,a.last_ddl_time,decode(a.status,‘VALID’,0,‘INVALID’,1,2) status,decode(b.partitioned,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘NO’,‘N’) partitioned,‘N’ object_table,‘N’ external_table,decode(b.nested,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘N’) nested,decode(b.IOT_Type,‘IOT’,1,‘IOT_OVERFLOW’,2,0) IOT_Type,b.IOT_Name,b.temporary
from sys.dba_objects a,sys.dba_tables b
where b.owner=:schema
and b.table_name like :object_name
and a.owner=:schema
and a.object_name=b.table_name
and a.object_type=‘TABLE’
and b.dropped=‘NO’

Hi Charlie,

Did your DBA by any chance mention what’s wrong with this query?

Regards,
Roman

Hi Charlie,

Can you confirm a couple of things:

1. 6.0 works fine, but 6.1 has the problem on exactly the same database
  2. this is Oracle 10g

Thank you,
Roman

The DBA didn’t say anything was wrong with that query. You know that query wasn’t from me, right? It is something SQLNav did/does in the background.

1. Yes, 6.0 works fine on the exact same instances.
  2. 10g - 10.2.0.3.0

Thanks.
-Charlie

I have the same version of 10G and have asked my DBA’s to watch for this and have not heard anything. If I hear anything I will let you know.

This is strange. This query is common to 5.5, 6.0 and 6.1. It’s used to get the list of tables in a schema for DB Navigator, also used during initialization of Team Coding. We didn’t make any changes in these areas between 6.0 and 6.1. So it’s not clear why 6.0 works and 6.1 doesn’t. This makes me doubt that the problem is this query. Besides, why would a query cause any problems to Oracle? Could your DBA be more specific?

Regards,
Roman

yeah, i don’t think it is the query itself that is the problem. I’m not sure what the ORA-00600 means??
The DBA did not give me any more information than what i posted earlier except this:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=USPLSVPED001.verigy.net)(PORT=1522))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=PETPD)(INSTANCE_NAME=PETPD1)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\ProgramFiles\Quest Software\SQL Navigator forOracle\sqlnavigator.exe)(HOST=CENTROID-67970C)(USER=Charlie?Wancio))))

It is at the end of our fiscal year here, so i can’t risk putting in 6.1 again right now. In a couple weeks, I will install it again and see if i can’t get some more information.

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,
Please refer to this email sent by Andrew. Would you be able to provide us with the trace file when you install nav 6.1 again? Thanks.

1. pls look what Oracle support says about ORA-00600 (from Metalink): "ORA-600 errors are raised from the kernel code of the Oracle RDBMS software when an internal inconsistency is detected or an unexpected condition is met. This situation is not necessarily a bug as it might be caused by problems with the Operating System, lack of resources, hardware failures, etc.
    With the ORA-600 error comes a list of arguments in square brackets, like this one: (ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12333], [0], [0], [0], [], [], [], []).
    The first of these arguments tells us from where in the code the error was caught and thus is the key information in identifying the problem. This argument is either a number or a character string. The remaining arguments are used to supply further information eg. values of internal variables etc. Whenever an ORA-600 error is raised a trace file is generated and an entry written to the alert.log with details of the trace file location. (…)The trace file contains vital information about what led to the error condition."

2. when looking at Charlie’s latest post displaying his connection string, NOTE an unusual question mark (?) character in username USER=Charlie**?Wancio**.

3. My first guess is that this USER may be ‘Charlie.Wancio’ and dot in username, although accepted by Nav to connect, as we know, doesn’t allow to browse and work further on objects – we have CR in Star Team.

4. My second guess is that question mark ‘?’ is marking:- some other character from another NLS_CHARCTERSET – possible if username was created in a different Environment and when stored the database did not recognized it,- a character, which has not been translated correctly between client/server – could be Nav 6.0 issue In Logon window. Anyway, the Oracle trace file will certainly show more detailed ORA errors than ORA-00600. So, ask him for Oracle trace file. Cheers,Andrew

Message was edited by: Gwen