Toad World® Forums

Beta 6.2 various issues from Alex

Bugs of Nav 6.2 Beta

drag ‘n drop with selected text

if you are in code editor an you have text selected than you can move or copy this text via drag ‘n drop. If I double click on text and want to move it immediately the editor marks the text, but do not move or copy. I have to wait a little bit after marking text, before I move. It’s a pity, because this makes your work inefficient.

Text Highlighting

Highlighting text parts do not work. Exceptions and brackets are not highlighted.

Cursor-Movement

If you are writing code in code editor and you have intended text you cannot move the cursor to a unintended position by using the backspace key.

Code Completion

If you are using Code Completion by Dot Lookup you can set a delay in the preferences. This works fine. The completion lists all attributes of the table. If you begin to type the first letters of the required attribute the code completion shows only the attributes that fits. But attributes are shown also after the delay time. I would expect that delay is not used when the completion has already begun.

Best regards

Alex

Hi Andre and Alex,

I could not reproduce the issue with drag n drop selected text. The text is moved to a new position correctly.

Text highlighting, is it to do with the Syntax Highlighting preference? i.e. you set it up to highlight the symbols in a certain color and it doesn’t? If that’s the case then we’re aware of this issue and it’s currently being fixed.

Cursor_movement: Screenshots will help replicating this.

I will raise an enhancement request for the last issue.

Gwen

Apparently, the first issue is caused by the third click in a row (meant to grab the selection) being considered as triple-click (which highlights the whole line). I don’t know a workaround to this, except that you should try to pause a little before doing the third click. You can also try to manipulate with the mouse settings in Windows’ Control Panel (e.g. decrease the double-click interval). I can think of introducing a new preference, to enable/disable triple click in Editor, but this is not likely to make into 6.2.

Roman

Hello,

@Roman: Other Editors and the Navigator 5.5 also can handle this behavior.

Please see Alex001.jpg
Highlighting: in the preferences the colors are set to the right color.
In the editor the color is not right.

Please see Alex002.jpg
As you can see INVALID_CURSOR is not in red.
If you also look at the line so you can (hopefully) see that the “o” in ‘invalid cursor’ is bold. This comes because of the bracket-bug

The steps for the Cursor movement are the following:

1. Create a new package (like in the screen shot).
  2. Go to the end of the “Begin”-line
  3. Type enter and a Tab for intention
  4. Type “IF lv_X IS NOT NULL THEN”
  5. Type enter and “END IF;“
  6. Go to the IF-line, go to the end of the line
  7. Type enter (now you have a empty line between IF and END IF)
  8. Now try to use the backspace button to come to the position 0 of the current line…

Best Regards
Alex
Alex001.jpeg

Hello,

@Roman: Other Editors and the Navigator 5.5 also can handle this behavior.

Please see Alex001.jpg
Highlighting: in the preferences the colors are set to the right color.
In the editor the color is not right.

Please see Alex002.jpg
As you can see INVALID_CURSOR is not in red.
If you also look at the line so you can (hopefully) see that the “o” in ‘invalid cursor’ is bold. This comes because of the bracket-bug

The steps for the Cursor movement are the following:

1. Create a new package (like in the screen shot).
  2. Go to the end of the “Begin”-line
  3. Type enter and a Tab for intention
  4. Type “IF lv_X IS NOT NULL THEN”
  5. Type enter and “END IF;“
  6. Go to the IF-line, go to the end of the line
  7. Type enter (now you have a empty line between IF and END IF)
  8. Now try to use the backspace button to come to the position 0 of the current line…

Best Regards
Alex
Alex002.jpeg

I’ve fixed the issue with Code Completion. Now if a letter key is pressed when the completion list is displayed, it will filter the list without re-querying the database.

Regards,
Roman

Hi Alex,

The issue with Syntax highlighting is currently being fixed.

I followed the outlined steps but the cursor moves to the 0 position without any issue.
Gwen

Hi Gwen,

you must exactly make all steps like I have described it.

Maybe it is a side effect of another constellation.
I have send you my preferences.
I am working on Vista SP1.

Best Regards
Alex
Nav.pref (130 KB)

Hi Andre,

I tried your steps again and I had to twitch it a bit but I managed to reproduce it this time. What I did was when the cursor is on the blank line, I tabbed one more time and pressed back space. The cursor didn’t go back to previous position. It only went back one space. I will raise a CR for it.

Gwen