Toad World® Forums

Beta 6.3 problems

Hi

Just to report some simple ones (the big one will take more time)

• installing 6.3 beta didn’t migrate all the project management configuration from 6.2.1
  • formatting seems that is not working (for instance formatting if blocks)
  • view differences: typing the 2 objects names (not using the search) seems to make it not find the objects. (I select the schemas and the object types)
  • loading preferences from 6.2.1 preferences saved file takes almost a minute. from the 6.3 beta is almost instantaneous (maybe that is to be expected).
  • code review options still (reported for a previous version) has a very small window (for instance advice 403)

request: see example code:

a pls_integer
/*ADVICE(14): This definition hides another one [556] */
:=0;
b integer
/*ADVICE(15): Unreferenced variable [553] */
:=1

Could the advices appear after the assignment? So we could easily comment the line? This appends with several advices.

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for the feedbacks.

• 6.3 beta doesn’t look for 6.2.1 but can only find 6.2.0 or earlier version. The settings in 6.2.1 currently cannot be import to 6.3 beta on startup. This will be fixed in next beta.

• formatting: could you provide a sample scripts which is failed to be formatted?

-view differences: nice job:). A bug is there and it causes error. We need to fix it asap.

• loading preferences: seems fine. It may depends, like the how many non-default settings and do they need to apply to the open windows and sessions straight away, etc.

• code review: this was fixed a while ago. It looks like recent builds break it again. I will push this back to the formatter team and get it fixed for you.

• request: this would be better to be fixed. But may I ask for the whole script to duplicate the line break before the assignment mark? I could not manage to push the := into new line when formatting.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi Vicent
Sorry but I was not able to answer you promptly.

where goes the file A1_ddl to make a bugus package and my frm options (I think you will need them)

Thanks
Filipe
FmtOptions.opt (662 Bytes)

Hi Vicent

where goes the file A1_ddl to make a bugus package and my frm options (I think you will need them)

Thanks
Filipe
FmtOptions.ini (704 Bytes)

Hi Vicent

Thanks
Filipe
A1_ddl.sql (675 Bytes)

Hi Filipe,

I can reproduce both formatting issues now. Fortunately these have been fixed in the latest formatter engine(v5.142). I will pick this up for next beta.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi!
I can reproduce the following errors every time in 6.3 beta. (it works in 6.2.1).

1-
I open a session…(DB version:10.2.0.3.0)
I have the toolbox in the right side.
I open project manager window (on the right side)
I made a query between 2 tables that returns more than 250 lines
I close the project manager window => the resize of the table datagrid gets in cycle(?) and program doesn’t responds (I have to kill it)

2- (when writing the above I discover also the following)
I open a session…(DB version:10.2.0.3.0)
I have the toolbox in the LEFT side.
I made a query between 2 tables that returns more than 250 lines.
If I change the toolbox to the RIGHT side => the resize of the table datagrid gets in cycle(?) and program doesn’t responds (I have to kill it) = like the above

Have a nice 2010 year!
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

I couldn’t reproduce the errors by my steps. I used a simple query like “select * from hr.employees, hr.departments;” then closed the project manager, the program was still fine.

We received another issue on the datagrid. It was because one of the column headers was too long and it forced the grid resized the columns unexpectly. We fixed this issue a few days ago. I supect your cases are kind of related to this one. Could you look at the columns of your query and see if there is any colmun name looking long. If there is, please try to give it a short alias then test again.

Please provide your query if this doesn’t work.

Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi

The columns have small names.
I found out that it gives the error if I select (even only 67 records) from 2 column that are varchar2(4000).
Even making substr(column, 1,200) for each I got the problem.

Soo I can reproduce the erro with

select substr(a, 1,200) a, substr(b, 1,200) b from tab1

if you need I can send you the table data
thanks
Filipe

What kind of format setting do the columns have? (D/N/N&D?) Please provide the table data as well.

Thanks
Gwen

I send the test data to Vincent.

I could not replicate the issue still even with the data provided. Could you please provide a screenshot of SQL Navigator before you close the Project Manager/before align toolbox to the left?

Gwen

I send screenshot to vincent

Hi again
Correction …It doesn’t hangs sqlnav …it “just” takes to long…for the 67 lines it takes aprox. 1 minute to move the Toolbox from left to right having that query result.
(sometimes i can see that sql nav is resizing the last column (the header blinks and changes its size)

maybe you need also this data:

SELECT * FROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS;

NLS_LANGUAGE PORTUGUESE
NLS_TERRITORY PORTUGAL
NLS_CURRENCY €
NLS_ISO_CURRENCY PORTUGAL
NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS ,.
NLS_CALENDAR GREGORIAN
NLS_DATE_FORMAT DD-Mon-RRRR
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE PORTUGUESE
NLS_SORT WEST_EUROPEAN
NLS_TIME_FORMAT HH24:MI:SSXFF
NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT RR.MM.DD HH24:MI:SSXFF
NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT HH24:MI:SSXFF TZR
NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT RR.MM.DD HH24:MI:SSXFF TZR
NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY €
NLS_COMP BINARY
NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS BYTE
NLS_NCHAR_CONV_EXCP FALSE

Screen Resolution 1440*900

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Hi Filipe,

We finally managed to replicate the issue with wider resolution. We also found out that this bug was caused by a regression in build 1625 and has been fixed in our latest internal build. This will be included in our next release. Thanks a lot for the information.

Gwen