Toad World® Forums

BETA version does not run on my machine

I have just installed Data Modeller on a laptop with VISTA OS and when I execute the program it loads the logo and then nothing… it disappears…!!!

Then I installed it on another laptop with XP SP2 and the same behaviour… logo then nothing…

On the VISTA machine I only have MsOffice 2007, Roxio CD Creator and Windows Live One Care (which I disabled)

On the XP machine I have Oracle DB 9i & Oracle Developer 6i, MsOffice 2003, McAffee 8i Antivirus

Any Ideas??

Regards
Maira

Hi Mairak

Apparently Toad Data modeller Beta is not support Windows Vista yet.
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12012&#12012

On your XP Machine, Have you tried to disable the antivirus software and install the Toad Data modeller beta, it may works .

Hope this help.

Chi

*Please correct me if I am wrong.

I install a virtual PC with Windows XP and only oracle db 9i and again the same…
Do you think is a laptop processor problem…
My HP Laptop (Win XP) has a centrino processor, 1Gb of Ram
my Del Laptop (Vista) has a Core 2 processor again 1 Gb of Ram…

The funny think is that 4 months ago I installed it on many desktop PCs (at the univercity LABS) which had “all software” installed (from Photshop and Director to Dreamweaver and Oracle client tools, Erwin antivirus software etc etc…) and it worked fine…

Any more ideas ?
Regards,
Maira

Hello,

The Beta 3.0.10 has expired. Unfortunately, we havent managed to release another Beta in time. We are very sorry.

Extended Beta version will be probably released tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your patience and let us apologize for all the inconveniences.

Regards,

Vladka

A beta or trial expiry would be nice, eh?

• Yes, it should be released tomorrow.

Please accept our apology.

Vladka + TDM Team

Thank you very much for your answer.
Maira

Hello,

Just a quick note to inform you that extended Beta has just been released. Please download it from:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/ann.jspa?annID=142

Thank you.

Let us apologize once again.

Regards,

Vladka