Toad World® Forums

beta2 64bit issue

I uninstalled the first beta (64-bit), then installed the new beta2 version, then when I open SQLNav, I get the following:

I rebooted and retried, same issue. Then I uninstalled, re-installed, same issue.

I installed the 32bit version, but I can’t connect to my database because I have the 64bit instant client installed - I get the “Cannot load OCI.DLL” message.

Thanks.

-Charlie

The image failed… . What is the error? Does it lock up at loading the main window? Could you please try to rename/remove registry for 7.1 beta and the 7.1 beta folder from user appdata folder, then
start the 64 bit build again. BTW, you can install both 32 & 64 bit at the same time, but in different folder. The start menu is set to the last installed one, thus you need to launch the first installed one from its folder directly.

Let me know if the cleanup helps.

c_wancio

Sent:
‎18/‎04/‎2014 9:07 PM

To:
sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject:
[SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] beta2 64bit issue

beta2 64bit issue

Thread created by c_wancio
I uninstalled the first beta (64-bit), then installed the new beta2 version, then when I open SQLNav, I get the following:

I rebooted and retried, same issue. Then I uninstalled, re-installed, same issue.

I installed the 32bit version, but I can’t connect to my database because I have the 64bit instant client installed - I get the “Cannot load OCI.DLL” message.

Thanks.

-Charlie

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - Beta
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I deleted the reg entry and the appdata entries, then re-installed. same issue. I will try attaching the image this time.

This is happening on the main window, when I first open up SQL Nav.

-Charlie
issue.jpeg

I apologize for the such blocking problem happening in this beta.

Please save following register script to a reg file and run it to import the values, and then start the 64-bit beta.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.1.0 Beta\Preferences\General]

“Disable_Load_Toolbar”=dword:00000001

“Disable_Load_Toolbox”=dword:00000001

I hope this would help you for now. With these options, SQLNav will lose the ability to save customized toolbar layouts but it should help to stop the startup
error. We are still investigating how to solve the underline error completely.

Thanks,

Vincent

Sent: Friday, 18 April 2014 10:54 PM

To: sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] beta2 64bit issue

RE: beta2 64bit issue

Reply by c_wancio

I deleted the reg entry and the appdata entries, then re-installed. same issue. I will try attaching the image this time.

Attachments:

issue.jpg

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Still the same issue.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks Charlie for the information. I’m sorry the option didn’t work for you. There is an underline issue with loading/saving layouts under win 7 64-bit. We
are working on this. We will update the community once we fix it.

Sent: Monday, 21 April 2014 11:01 PM

To: sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] beta2 64bit issue

RE: beta2 64bit issue

Reply by c_wancio

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Can I get a link back to the beta1 version? I deleted it when installed this version, but now I don’t have it anymore to go back.

Thanks.

-Charlie

Hi Charlie, last beta has expired, we are trying to fix it as soon as possible and provide a workable build for you. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Charlie,

This issue should be fixed in beta3, please let us know if any problems.

www.toadworld.com/…/21915.aspx

Note: the 64 bit still doesn’t work well in win8, but it should work good in win7 64 bit.

Thanks,

Shirly

Loaded the new beta version (64-bit) - no issues. Thanks!