Toad World® Forums

BETA5: Extract DDL fails

Find a package body in “Find Objects”.
Click on it and press CTRL+D.

All I get is 09:56:17 Invalid data type for ‘’ in the Output tab and no DDL is extracted.

This is happening also with other type of objects.

64bit version

Hi Martin,

It sounds like some data in your Preferences are corrupted. Could you run regedit and navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.1.0
Beta\Preferences”? Please rename “Preferences” key to “Preferences_bak”. Then run SQL Navigator again to try extract DDL. Let me know if this helps or not. If this works, it would be great if you can export “Preferences_bak” and send it to us. We would like
to investigate where the error occurs.

Thanks,

Vincent

Unfortunately it didn’t help :frowning:

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

Did you see the error in output after or before Preferences dialog appeared? Does Extract DDL work in other places such as DB Navigator?

No preferences dialog ever appeared .

The only thing is the error in the output:

ScreenShot110.jpeg

Yes, the same error when object is opened and select from toolbar: Object > Extract DDL…

I am afraid you cannot open Preferences from view menu at all? Can you try it?

Here is a more thorough solution to clean up corrupted data:

1. close SQL Navigator

2. rename registry key " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL
    Navigator 7.1.0 Beta" to " SQL Navigator 7.1.0 Beta bak"

3. rename folder “%appdata%\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.1.0 Beta” to “SQL Navigator 7.1.0 Beta bak”

4. now start up SQL Navigator again

I hope this time it helps.

Thanks,

Vincent

You’re right, I cannot.

In step 3 the folder was:

C:\Users<MyUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software

Yes, all the preferences were dropped and everything was fresh and new.

But no, it didn’t help to solve the problem.

Hi Martin,

Could you send me the support bundle files from Help | Create Support Bundle files? Please send both prof and dta files to my email Vincent_Liu@dell.com.

Thanks,

Vincent

Ok, but how can I create the “prof” files?

Oh, it is created automatically and put right where the .dta file is :slight_smile:

We thank Martin a lot for his assistance. The defect has been identified. SQLNAV-1671 is created for this issue. Anyone else who experiences the same error,
please run the reg script in attached zip file to work around this error.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi, I am having the same issue now. Where can I download the zip file?

hi, you dont need a zip file…

Completely uninstall and reinstall SQL Navigator.

1. Go to the Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs.

2. Select SQL Navigator and click Change/Remove.

3. Once the Uninstall wizard appears, select Custom and click Next.

4. Continue to click Select All and Next until the un-installation process is complete.

5. Follow steps 2-4 for the following applications if they exist: Knowledge Xpert, Quest SQL Tuning, and any other SQL Navigator installations.

6. Delete all of the folders associated with SQL Navigator. Check for and manually delete if these still exist:

• C:\Program Files\Quest Software\SQL Navigator
  • C:\Quest Software

In SQL Navigator version 5.0 and up check for this directory and remove:

• C:\Documents and Settings&lt;username>\Application Data\Quest Software\SQL Navigator
  1. Go to the registry (Start | Run > “regedit”) and back up the registry if you have not done so already.

2. In the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator, and right click the SQL Navigator folder and delete it from the registry.

3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator and right click the SQL Navigator folder and delete it from the registry.

and setup again.