Bind Variables in TDA 2.6.0.561

Hello, again

I’m re-posting about this topic, because I was testing again using the latest TDA 3.0 BETA version, and the problem is not yet solved.

BIND VARIABLES are not retaining the values, and the DATETIME PICKER shows no option to set the TIME for DATETIME variables.

TDA 2.5 was the last version this feature was doing OK! Stating TDA 2.6 I can’t get BIND VARIABLES to retain values (NAME, TYPE, DIRECTION, VALUE, etc…)

It’s really annoying having to setup BIND VARIABLES every time I run my saved queries. IMHO, this feature should work for every Database Connection, regardless if it is Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc…

Could you guys please check this out again?

Thanks in advance,
Oscar

What db type are you using? I just tried with Oracle and the binds are sticking.

Another place to check, go to Options | Grid and look under the Custom format tab. There used to be some filters there that were in conflict with the date binds. These may have been picked up when migrating options. Clear these values and see if this corrects the issue. (Take a screenshot first, so if it does resolve we can correct on this end. Post the screenshot in this case)

Debbie

Hi, Debbie

I'm using many different Databases, all with TDA's native connection (direct):

• MySQL 5.5.8
  • Sybase ASE 12
  • Sybase IQ 15.0
  • Oracle 9i / 10gR2 / 11g

BIND VARIABLES are not being retained. I've tried with all of the DBs mentioned above, and also tried several bind variable type (INTEGER, VARCHAR, DATETIME, etc.)

Fisrt, I checked the FILTERS (Options|Grid|Custom format TAB) as you instructed me, and I cleared the values shown there (see BIND1.jpg attached)

Then, I tryed to run a MySQL 5.5.8 query with two (2) DATETIME bind variables :FI and :FF (see BIND2.jpg attached). It ran OK! However, the DATETIME PICKER displayed in MySQL's DB is different that the one displayed in Oracle's DB

After that, I hit F9 to run the same query again, and the BIND VARIABLES were reset to their default value in the BIND VARIABLE window (see BIND3.jpg attached)

Later, the same happened using an Oracle's DB (see BIND4.jpg attached).
This DATETIME PICKER is different compared to MySQL's, as I've stated above

When I re-ran the query (F9 again), the values are not retained (see BIND5.jpg attached)

Please, help me know if I'm doing something wrong. I hope this post will help in clarifying my concern.

Thanks in advance, again!!

Best regards,
Oscar

Hi, Debbie

• MySQL 5.5.8
  • Sybase ASE 12
  • Sybase IQ 15.0

BIND VARIABLES are not being retained. I've tried with all of the DBs mentioned above, and also tried several bind variable type (INTEGER, VARCHAR, DATETIME, etc.)

Fisrt, I checked the FILTERS (Options|Grid|Custom format TAB) as you instructed me, and I cleared the values shown there (see BIND1.jpg attached)

Then, I tryed to run a MySQL 5.5.8 query with two (2) DATETIME bind variables :FI and :FF (see BIND2.jpg attached). It ran OK! However, the DATETIME PICKER displayed in MySQL's DB is different that the one displayed in Oracle's DB

After that, I hit F9 to run the same query again, and the BIND VARIABLES were reset to their default value in the BIND VARIABLE window (see BIND3.jpg attached)

When I re-ran the query (F9 again), the values are not retained (see BIND5.jpg attached)

Please, help me know if I'm doing something wrong. I hope this post will help in clarifying my concern.

Best regards,
Oscar

Hi, Debbie

• MySQL 5.5.8
  • Sybase ASE 12
  • Sybase IQ 15.0

Best regards,
Oscar

Hi, Debbie

• MySQL 5.5.8
  • Sybase ASE 12
  • Sybase IQ 15.0

Best regards,
Oscar

Hi, Debbie

• MySQL 5.5.8
  • Sybase ASE 12
  • Sybase IQ 15.0

Best regards,
Oscar

Thanks for your detail Oscar.

It appears that this core functionality is implemented differently per database type. The root of the issue is the bind variable window not correctly determining the column data type. If the bind variable window does this, then the user entered values are remembered. So your analysis of this situation is correct.

For mySQL, it appears that none of the column types are correctly set in the bind window. I entered CR82639 for this but also seems that the original CR80190 was not marked fixed yet.

For Oracle, many data types do work but not dates. The default for a Date column type is TIMESTAMP and when you do a Timestamp column it uses varchar as default. So this is not correct and I have entered CR82640 for this.

Thanks for your patience and we will get it right as soon as possible.

Debbie

Hi, Debbie

Thank you for considering my observations.

Best regards,
Oscar