Toad World® Forums

bug in entity when change relationship to nonidentifying relationship

Hello,
i found a bug. When you have 2 entities and make relationship between them, one will be with rounded corners - OK. But when you delete this relationship, rounded corners stay. Or when you change this relationship to non-identifying relationship, rounded corners stay - BAD. Next bug, connected to this, when you want to make physical model from this bad entities.
Thank you Martin

Hello Martin,

I’ve verified it and it works properly.

It seems you did the following:

1. Created identifying relationship - entity has rounded corners. OK.
  2. Pressed Delete. -> However, you have only removed shortcut of this relationship from WS, the relationship still exists. Therefore the entity has still rounded corners.
    To delete relationship, you have to press SHIFT + Del.
  3. You created a new relationship, this time non-identifying, and wonder why the child entity is still rounded.
    Why? - Now there are two relationships leading to the entity in fact - identifying (that you thought you had deleted - see 2. above) and non-identifying (the new one). In TDM3, it stands that if more relationships lead to an entity and one of them is identifying, the entity has always rounded corners.

So, try to do the following:
Create identifying relationship and:
a] Edit it, change its type to non-identifying, confirm Apply and change it back. See how the child entity changes.
b] Try to select identifying relationship and press SHIFT + Del. -> The rounded corners will disappear.
c] Also, feel free to check out the conversion to see the result.

If you have any questions, please write me back.

Regards,

Vladka

Hello Vladka,
I’m sorry, I don’t know thing with SHIFT.
You have right.

Regards,
Martin

No problem.

Feel free to watch the Workspaces and Shortcuts flash movie at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=1132&categoryID=116

You can also have a look at the Help file | Modeling | Model Objects | topic Deleting Objects.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka