Toad World® Forums

BUG: Tooltip Ghost

Sometimes when working in SQL Navigator I will get one of it’s tooltip shadows to persist until I close SQL Navigator.

I’m not sure how to reproduce this bug. It happens to me at least once a week and is pretty annoying as the shadow shows up over everything except the mouse.

I’ve encountered this bug since SQL Navigator 6.5. I’m not sure if it was there before or not.

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are sorry about the late response. We tried to reproduce this bug but so far we haven’t got any clue yet. However, SQLNAV-1667
is logged for you and we will keep investigating this error.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi. I got this on the new version 7.1.0.

And I got 1 way to reproduce it.

1. Write some query where the result returned is a table of objects and with mouse double-click open the Array Editor:

ScreenShot118.jpeg

1. Put the cursor above any of the records - the hint shows up, showing the full content of the row.
    Now quickly while the hint is still there (~2 seconds) put the cursor on the right side of the window to change it’s size. And do it with not stepping off the hint.
    I suppose the value of the row must be quite long - to exceed the default width of the dialog.
    (I couldn’t capture it with print-screen, because the hint vanished right after I press PrintScreen, so I got this on my phone :))

14080085.jpeg

1. Close the dialogue and voila:

ScreenShot119.jpeg

Hi Martin,

Sorry reply you so later. thank for your report this issue again.

i have try your steps, it seem no luck for me,maybe relate to OS envi.

we still keep investigating for this issue. and story SQLNAV-1667 is logged for you.

Thanks,

Michael