Toad World® Forums

Bugs or features.....don't know, but don't want them ;)

Hi,

I don’t know if these are bugs or features…but I don’t want them :wink:
** No support in the logical model (nor the physical) for varchar(max) or varbinary(max)…maybe this will be entered when SQL2005 is supported ?
** You can’t define a sequence column in the logical model.
** You can define an attribute as type date and then the sequence trigger as start 1 / seed 1 in the physical model…maybe this is OK in oracle (I don’t know, since I’m an SQL user), but it’s not in sql (in TDM 2.25 you could do this also in SQL server models).
greetz
Geert

Data types in Physical model copy data types of particular database, therefore there have to be all of them. The varchar(max) or varbinary(max)… data types will be available in Physical Model for SQL Server 2005 database. Our team is working at this issue.

1. ** You can’t define a sequence column in the logical model.

No, you can’t. You can define a sequence column in Physical model.

1. ** You can define an attribute as type date and then the sequence trigger as start 1 / seed 1 in the physical model…maybe this is OK in oracle (I don’t know, since I’m an SQL user), but it’s not in sql (in TDM 2.25 you could do this also in SQL server models).

Yes, it is OK in Oracle, and it will be different in other database types.

Regards,

Vladka & TDM Team

Hi Geert,

Thanks for your feedback! Here I’m with some comments.

1. ** No support in the logical model (nor the physical) for varchar(max) or varbinary(max)…maybe this will be entered when SQL2005 is supported ?

Generally, in Logical model in TDM 3, there are less data types than in Physical model. The reason is that in Logical model, the types are logical types and TDM 3 offers just those that are necessary from the logical point of view. (Nevertheless, we are ready to add more logical types if you need.)
Now, in Logical model, instead of varchar(max), you can select Text data type, and instead of varbinary(max), you can select Binary data type.