Toad World® Forums

(build 1749) problems

Hi

Executing a select will select it in a more annoying color than in 6.2.1 and will not deselect it after the query was done :-(.

Regards
Filipe

PS: If its a update query it will not act like that

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Outline problem

I have several packages with several procedures/functions and ouline gets a scroll bar.
When I use the scroll bar and double click in a procedure it opens in the outline another (that is upper in the list)

Regards
Filipe

PS: also it will not “jump” the code for any of the procedures selected (stays in the line 6(!) of the package )
It worked in the previous beta

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for reporting. The Outline bugs will be fixed.
Regard the text highlighting, the text is selected after execution with both Updateable ON/OFF. It’s as per design. Could you please tell us more why it bothers you?

Gwen

It stays selected (in that annoying color) even after I click /select any other text in the tab.

only deselects after I input some text.

If that is the desire behavior may I suggest some other background/letter color (maybe background color lighter)?

I previous mentioned “update query”, i intended to write update statement.

Hi Filipe,

We will attempt to fix it so that it gets deselected after mouse click. It might means that if you have several datasets, switching between datasets will not highlight the associate query.

Cheers
Gwen

Hi Gwen

Now I know the use of it! great!
Keep it!
I just ask for the use of lighter color in the background or a change in the letter color.

(please check the attached image)

Regards
Filipe
example.png

View differences problem:

(I’m not sure that this behavior appeared only in this build)
View differences between to packages in distinct users.

• Change in the destiny user the package (I reformated it) , save it to the DB.
  • Refresh in view difference panel will not refresh the changed package

Regards
PS: After a restart SQLNav I didn’t have the same behavior

Drag drop columns names from the data grid into the text.
The cursor and the column header dragged are not in the “line” (i.e. the column header is not under the cursor)

Autocomplete

The autocomplete feature doesn’t stop (or gives the right results) if you use a digit after letters
For instance i0 gives identified soo when you write i0 and then press enter (new line) it changes to identified

regards

Formater advice 123 gets duplicated sometimes (I think I reported it earlier)

PACKAGE BODY a1
IS
PROCEDURE b1
IS
BEGIN
RETURN;
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line (‘never’);
/*ADVICE(8): This point cannot be reached (dead code) [123] */
END b1;

PROCEDURE b11
IS
BEGIN
    IF TRUE
    THEN
        DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('here');
    ELSE
        DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('never');

/*ADVICE(20): This point cannot be reached (dead code) [123] */
/*ADVICE(20): This point cannot be reached (dead code) [123] */
END IF;
END b11;
END a1;

or gets in the middle of a statements like

BEGIN
RETURN;

UPDATE a

/*ADVICE(4): This point cannot be reached (dead code) [123] */
SET b = 0
/*ADVICE(6): This point cannot be reached (dead code) [123] */
WHERE id = 1;
END;

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Change request has been raised for the auto complete bug.

Gwen

I could not reproduce the issue with View Differences but I will keep an eye on it.

Cheers
Gwen

Hi Gwen

The outline problem above is very annoying. will a new beta be released soon that fixes that? (I normally work with the newest beta)

Thanks
Filipe

The next beta release will contain the fix for this issue.

Cheers
Gwen

If I may add to the highlighting issue…

In the previous version; when there’s only 1 query in the sql window, the text was not highlighted and remained in the “script” tab. Only when there were multiple queries executed in the sql window that the output were separated in several “result” tab having the correcponding sql text highlighted.

In this beta version, the focus is always redirected to the result tab with highlighted text.

I prefer the old behavior.

Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain,

Thank you for your note.

As per my note to Jet’s post earlier. We will look into this and will stop the highligh behavour when you execute only a single (unselected) sql.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Sylvain,

We have made changes to put back to old workflow for single sql execution, it will have the same behaviour as in v6.2,ie no highlight and there will not be a seperate result tab.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi

the bugs reports ouline, autocomplete, executed query reported seem to have being fixed

thanks
Filipe

Drag drop columns names from the data grid into the text.
The cursor and the column header dragged are not in the “line” (i.e. the column header is not under the cursor)

continues to exists

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The issue with drag & drop of column names from the data grid has been already logged and we could not get this fixed in 6.3. We have some technical issue with the 3rd party text editor to work virtual tree view in the area of drag & drop of headers not showing the cursor. We will try to get this addressed in the future for you.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce