Toad World® Forums

Building TPC-E

I’m new to BF, but have successfully built both a tpc-c database and a tpc-h database and run tests against them.

I just tried creating a tpc-e database (within the same db as the tpc-c database that I orginally created (tables still exist for tpc-c and I can still run the tests) and I get the following error message:

TPC-E Job
Job Started
Started test Create Objects for TPC-E
Checking for existing objects…
Tables
Transaction not found.
Test cancelled due to errors.

In the BF log file I see:

DLL ‘CTPCE_DB2CLI.Dll’ could not be found in the specified path.
Please verify that Benchmark Factory is installed correctly
and that the required client software is also installed.
** File Opened at: (4/8/2010 9:39:25 AM)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wendy

BMF does not have an implementation of the TPC-E for the DB2 CLI interface. Try using the BMF ODBC driver using an ODBC DB2 datasource.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to set up the ODBC data source & thought I got it right, but I’m far from sure. At any rate, progress was made, but when the tables are built, I still get the following errors (the rest seems to continue ok):

TPC-C Job
Job Started
Started test Create Objects for TPC-E
Checking for existing objects…
Tables
ODBCError (42611,FFFFFDA4) - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0604N Thelength, precision, or scale attribute for column, distinct type,structured type, array type, attribute of structured type, routine,cast target type, type mapping, or global variable “CHAR(255)” is notvalid. SQLSTATE=42611
Started loading table E_NEWS_ITEM.
Error loading E_NEWS_ITEM
ODBC Error (S0002,FFFFFF34) - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0204N “WEBS.E_NEWS_ITEM” is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704
Started loading table E_LAST_TRADE.
Completed loading table E_LAST_TRADE.
Started loading table E_TRADE_TYPE.
Completed loading table E_TRADE_TYPE.
Started loading table E_SECTOR.
Started loading table E_ADDRESS.
ODBCError (42831,FFFFFDE2) - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0542N "C_ID"cannot be a column of a primary key or unique key because it cancontain null values. SQLSTATE=42831
Started loading table E_CUSTOMER.
Started loading table E_EXCHANGE.
Started loading table E_INDUSTRY.
Completed loading table E_SECTOR.
Completed loading table E_EXCHANGE.
Completed loading table E_INDUSTRY.
Error loading E_CUSTOMER
ODBC Error (S0002,FFFFFF34) - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0204N “WEBS.E_CUSTOMER” is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704
Started loading table E_ZIP_CODE.