Toad World® Forums

Can you get rid of this message?

A background task is about to be initiated. You can monitor its progress using the Task Manager. The background task can be stopped or paused using the Task Manager. You can also pause or terminate the task by clicking on the appropriate button on the Session toolbar.

I don’t want to turn off the tutorial message out of fear that I will stop Nav from telling me about new things as I use them.

Does the ‘Don’t show tutorial message window again’ option box turn off all tutorial messages or just the one I don’t want to see?

Hi Henry,

The ‘Don’t show tutorial message window again’ option box turn off all tutorial messages. You can turn it back on, just remove the following registry for the version that you are using:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.0.0 Beta\Tutorials\NotShowTutorialWindow

Thanks,
Bruce

This message will probably get turned off on the first time after my developers and dba’s see this message the first time. Consequently if there is gold in some of the other messages - it will be missed.

If your trying to teach us new things / about the new things you have built this is the wrong way to do it.