Toad World® Forums

Cannot do "After scripting - Merge Models"

Hi. I’m finally a licensed user of Toad Data Modeler and I’m very happy with it.

I tried with no success to use “After scripting - Merge models” but no matter which settings I’m using, I receive an “Internal error” message, with no more explaination.

I followed what written in Help files.

I’m receiving the same error with “Model/Update” too.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello Arialdo,

Sorry to hear that you have problems during the model merge.
I need to ask you for more details to be able to try to reproduce the problem and help you. Thanks for them in advance.

1. What version of TDM do you use?
  2. What database do you work with?
  3. Describe me step by step what you do.
  4. You can send me a screenshot of the error message + saved Log.txt file from Message Explorer.
  5. You can send me your models.

You can send it all to: modeling@quest.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vladka

Ok, everything seems ok, now.

I wrote again my model, from scratch (even if the model you sent me seems correct).
I saved it several times, but the last time I received the error attached to this mail

After that, the saved model is the one attached. May be this strange behaviour made the merge operation fail?
iinet.txp (196 KB)

Ok, everything seems ok, now.

I wrote again my model, from scratch (even if the model you sent me seems correct).
I saved it several times, but the last time I received the error attached to this mail

After that, the saved model is the one attached. May be this strange behaviour made the merge operation fail?
errorSaving.jpeg

O.K.

Please help me to check out the problem here.

1. Do you use TDM v. 3.1.7.36? Or what version?

I wrote again my model, from scratch (even if the model you sent me seems correct). I saved it several times, but the last time I received the error attached to this mail

I have your model frustone_corrected.txp. In the screenshot, I can see the error occurred in model iinet (02). I can see different entities, so they are two different models.
Does the problem occur also in the frustone_corrected model?

I saved it several times, but the last time I received the error attached to this mail. May be this strange behaviour made the merge operation fail?

Please write me exact steps you took. Does the problem occur during saving the model or during model merge? Please specify the case.

In any case, this problem has already been reported. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to reproduce it so far. Please read a thread at: (You may also try the suggestions posted there - check it out on another PC.)
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=19300&tstart=0#19300

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka

Hello Arialdo,

Thank you for your models and other information you sent us.

After verifying model merge on your models, we found a bug in Toad Data Modeler. This bug will be fixed in next TDM release. Unfortunately, we havent managed to implement it to next Beta 3.2.1.12 that will come out tomorrow. It will be in another Beta and in next official release of v. 3.2.
CR # of this problem is 48 680.

Problem description (brief) During model merge, internal error occurs.
Workaround: During selecting of items for merge, please exclude relationships. (On tab Settings, clear the Relationships checkbox.) The conversion should be executed. Then please make the changes for particular relationships manually.

Thank you very much for your patience and co-operation!

Kind regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hi Arialdo,

The problem during model merge shouldn’t occur in latest Beta 3.2.2.22. Please check it out.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka