Toad World® Forums

Cannot Focus a Disabled or invisible Window

Hello folks! I have been using the beta since last fall and I am currently on the 3.1.6.11 release. I am running Vista and AVG 7.1.519 free version for my Anti Virus software. I ran a reverse engineer last night and now I can’t get TDM to come up at all. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it several times. Even installed an older version. I have tried deleteing Quest from the Registry and deleting all the files I would think Toad would know about. But after I install, I still get “Cannot Focus a Disabled or Invisible Window” error wihch proceeds to a whole host of Access Violation at address errors.

Can anyone tell me what may have changed when I tried to save my Reverse Engineer that caused TDM to seemingly go haywire? I have several Logical Models I have been working on in the last months that I can no longer get access too.

Pat.

Hi,

can you specify which DB you were RE,what models (PER/LER) opened and (if you can remember) steps before this error?

Thanks a lot

Tomas
QA

What about “Application Data/Quest Software/Toad Data Modeler Beta” folder? You must delete it after uninstall for next clear installation.Your error message looks like problem in saved state of TDM in this folder.

Tomas
QA

Just a note on the complete clear uninstall:

After you uninstall TDM Beta, delete also directories at:

• C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta
    Important! - Remember to back up your models and other files you will need (e.g. OTPs, user packages etc.)

and the already mentioned

• C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler Beta

Please let us know the result. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka