Toad World® Forums

Cannot open file ORA-01017.HTML

Hi Guys,

Version 1028.

If I try to connect to a user and I fat finger the password I get the message above. It appears to be looking for the file in my current working directory. (I deleted that part of the message)

Jet

Joe,

This looks like the error reported here:

http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=7194

An overview of the errors:

• known DB (in tnsnames.ora), can be connected, unknown user or wrong password:
    Cannot open file C:\OracleStuff\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle\sql\ORA-01017.HTML

• known DB (in tnsnames.ora), cannot be connected:
    Cannot open file C:\OracleStuff\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle\sql\ORA-12535.HTML

• unknown DB (not in tnsnames.ora):
    Cannot open file C:\OracleStuff\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle\sql\ORA-12154.HTML

Hi Jet & Dominique,

We have made changes to to address this issue.

You get the OraError.html error msg in the output window when SQL Navigator could not get error info from the library file PLErrors.zlb (located in your app install folder).

The changes made - if PLErrors.zlb could not be used, we will get error info from Knowledge Xpert. KnowledgeXpert will be part of the Standard Edition in 6.0 release (KX was in only Professional (and above) edition).

We plan to send you the next Beta build by COB Monday next week. Please check it out for this issue.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Bruce