Toad World® Forums

Cannot print with HP DesignJet 500PS 42+HPGL2 Card

Hi,

I use BETA 3.2.1.12 and want to print in DIN A0 paper format with ‘HP DesignJet 500PS 42+HPGL2 Card’ but clicking ok results in ‘Access violation at address 7C921E58 in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Read of address 00000000’. I work with a big model that fills several pages (custom pages approximately A0 because A0 isn’t supported in ‘page format’) in horizontal and vertical dimension. Restricting it to a single page with something like [1,1] doesn’t help either.

Doing the same with commercial version 3.0.13.175 results in the question ‘Your printer doesn’t support selected paper format. Do you want to continue printing?’. ‘Yes’ yields two messages: ‘Printer doesn’t support color print.’ and ‘Printer selected is not valid’.

A (colored) test print shows that the driver should be install correctly. A workaround might be creating a png-file but they behave in a strange way sometimes: some entities, or more precisely their colored ‘bodies’, are displayed slightly oval or even circle-like. Do you want screenshots or do you know what I’m talking about?

I hope the problem is not too technically and special, and you have a clue what might be wrong.

Regards,
norbert

Hello Norbert,

I use BETA 3.2.1.12 and want to print in DIN A0 paper format with ‘HP DesignJet 500PS 42+HPGL2 Card’ but clicking ok results in ‘Access violation at address 7C921E58 in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Read of address 00000000’. I work with a big model that fills several pages (custom pages approximately A0 because A0 isn’t supported in ‘page format’) in horizontal and vertical dimension. Restricting it to a single page with something like [1,1] doesn’t help either.

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the problem. We’re very sorry. Nevertheless, we have tried to print a large model on A0 paper format to a .pdf file and it went fine. Please check it out and let us know the result.
Important note: Let me recommend you to turn off the ‘Gradient Effect’ option (and the ‘Display Keys Graphically’ option) in the Workspace Format dialog in your model.

Note: Add the A0 paper format to the list in the Page Format dialog - CR # 50 022.

Concerning the problems in commercial version 3.0.13.175, many of the problems (such as the oval in entities) have been fixed and shouldn’t occur in the Beta 3.2.1.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka - added the note with the CR #