Toad World® Forums

Case Studio & MySQL

Is TDM the result of Quest’s aquisition of Case Studio? If so, where is all the support for other databases? In particular MySQL.

Thanks for your time
Boyd

Hi Boyd,

the very first result of the acquisition is TDM version 2.25. This version includes support for all database systems previously supported by CASE Studio 2, plus several new enhnancements (Reverse engineering etc.).

The first BETA version of TDM3 includes support for Oracle 10g and Oracle 9 databases. Support for other selected database systems will be added to the product gradually. I can confirm that we plan to support MySQL 5! What we need is time. We are not able to add scripts for all the databases to the first version of TDM3 (and we wouldn’t be able to do it if there was no acquisition). CASE Studio 2 was on the market +5 years and TDM3 is a new product, written from scratch.

Thanks to the acquisition we have more people in our team and thanks to the acquisition you can now join the modeling community and test new features :wink:

If you wish to see our plans, please read the following document:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=704&categoryID=29
You will see that we plan to support the latest versions of selected database systems. Older/obsolete versions of database systems will not be supported (for example MS Access 97, InterBase 4, 5 and 6, MySQL 3.23, PostgreSQL 7 and others).

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi Vaclav,

the link you gave in the above reply :

http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=704&categoryID=29

seems to have expired or is slightly incorrect. All I get is the message that “The document specified was not found, or has expired.” when I click on it.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Hi Norm,

thank you for the notification. Sometimes the automatic recognition of logged users doesn’t work properly. Please make sure you are logged in. You should see your nick name next to the “Welcome” word on the left side. If you see Welcome, Guest, than please log in. Thanks.

Vaclav

Message was edited by: vfrolik

Morning vaclav,

Sometimes the automatic recognition of logged users doesn’t work properly.
Please make sure you are logged in.

That solved the ‘problem’ - many thanks. I now have the pdf file.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]