Toad World® Forums

Change pass afther expiration - dialog box

Hi!

Try following test:

create user test_expire identified by abcdefgh;
grant create session to test_expire;

alter user test_expire password expire;

Then, login this user, you will see change pass dialog. Try to set one (1) character log password. You can’t!.
When your pass was one character long before expiration, everything works fine, you can change on one character pass too. When this pass was longer than 1 char, Your new pass must have at least 2 chars long.

Regards Piter

Hi Piter,

As with my previous note, this will get my undivided attention tomorrow morning!!

Jaime

Howdy Piter,

I am having no problem changing the password to a ‘one character’ password. I’ve tried against 10g2 and 8i. So I cannot replicate this part of the issue.

The dialogue that is displayed seems a very poor design to me (attachment 1).
It does not have the ‘Old password’ field and it is populated with (what appears to be) the details of the last successful login (in this case SYS/JAIME).
Attachment 2 is the ‘change password’ dialogue from SQL Nav. I think it should be the same as this one.

So I’ll log a CR for this change, and if you can give me any more suggestions on how to replicate the ‘single character password’ issue, I’ll have another look at it.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this tardiness

Jaime
dialogue_2.jpeg

Howdy Piter,

I am having no problem changing the password to a ‘one character’ password. I’ve tried against 10g2 and 8i. So I cannot replicate this part of the issue.

The dialogue that is displayed seems a very poor design to me (attachment 1).
It does not have the ‘Old password’ field and it is populated with (what appears to be) the details of the last successful login (in this case SYS/JAIME).
Attachment 2 is the ‘change password’ dialogue from SQL Nav. I think it should be the same as this one.

So I’ll log a CR for this change, and if you can give me any more suggestions on how to replicate the ‘single character password’ issue, I’ll have another look at it.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this tardiness

Jaime
dialogue_1.jpeg

Hi Jaime!
Try change this pass to “a” character. :wink: my default one byte character is “a”, I tested only on this letter…
Watch fotostory:

1. Expire pass dialog was showed.
  2. I deleted all stars in edit Boxes.
  3. Type “a” letter. And deleted stars are back in Edit boxes , with my “a” char at the end.
  4. Hit ok, you will see this one.
  5. 2 character, and any char except ‘a’ works fine …
    Check this.

Regards Piter
fotostory.jpeg

I’m not getting the same as you in ‘Step 3’
Mine is accepting the ‘a’ single character as expected.
Even tried it on a different PC to be sure.

Another mystery I think

Jaime

Strange, ok i will test on others systems and will see , maybe my xp is seek!

I have raised a CR for the incorrect workflow in these dialogues (missing fields, and populating incorrectly etc.)

So all is not lost!!

Jaime

I know now!
Before connecting as test_expire, connect other session as other user, and then try to connect as test_expire, without closing previous session.

No difference… mine still works!!

Sorry Piter
Jaime

I will find why!

Hi.
Strange, i restarted Themes Service, and this situation does not occur! Maybe there was something wrong with WinApi and afther restart everyhing works fine.
But… one small thing before leaving this thread. When expire Dialog is showed there is hidden old pass in edit boxes. When you clik OK without changing editBoxes, old pass will be set as new for user. But , when I have one letter pass for user, and this pass expire, in edit boxes (on expire pass form) are wrong text, number of stars are different in pass edit Box and verification edit box, when I click OK , verification failed message is showed. This situation occurs not very time!Maybe this is the same reason why i couldn’t set one byte pass, check that this occurs on your system.
I tested this issue on XP PRof and 2003 Terminal Server.

Regards Piter

This will be covered in the CR that I raised (5 messages up).
The functionality around this it not good.

Thanks for your help Piter!!

Jaime

Yeah Jaime, you are right, i didn’t noticed that… overwork…

Leave this thread…

Well… better to be overworked than not have any work (that’s what I keep telling myself ).

Jaime