Toad World® Forums

Changing between Databases

on the bottom to switch between databases there is some new text "DB NAVIGATOR[USERID@DATABASE]. I understand the need for a distinction, but with just 2 databases open I have taken the entire bottom. Is there any way this can be shortened? Until we can see triggers owned by other users in the DB Explorer we have to open both because all of our tables are owned by someone that we can not log in as…

Thanks

Hi Dale,

In 6.1, we did make a change to shorten the label for these windows. If your DB name is too long, in stead of display “DB NAVIGATOR[USERID@DATABASE]”, it will only show “DB NAVIGATOR[USERID@<…>]”. Does that help?

Gwen
taskbar.gif

Honestly that would be worse, I have the same user open on different databases. It would mean I would have to click on the button to see what database is what. Personally I would like to see something like NAV (instead of DB NAVIGATOR). I actually didn’t mind with the [1] and [2], they always stay grouped and always in the same order so I never had a problem with it that way… But that is just my opinion.

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately, it was a business decision to put DB Navigator there so we cannot change it to NAV. You just have to hover the mouse over the taskbar item for it to show the name of the DB. I noticed that it doesn’t work correctly at the moment but it can be fixed.

Thanks
Gwen