Toad World® Forums

Compare Data WHERE clause is not available

Hi,

I've run into this problem several times in the last few days. Using the Compare Data wizard, I am not able to enter a WHERE clause.

Sincerely,

Shimon J.

Hi Shimon,

this issue is usually related to your resolution/DPI of monitor. We don’t have support of 4K monitors yet and we working on it. So if you have 4K display with native resolution and using DPI to 200% (this W10 usually do as default) then you will see broken UI in Toad. Only solution is to change your DPI to 100% and if it is too small then you have to change your resolution too.

Let me know if it help and your system configuration so we can test it (OS version, DPI, Resolution…).

Also I see that you are using some theme. Can you tell me name of this? We would like to verify this too.

Thanks

Filip

Hi Filip,

I’m using Windows 7 Enterprise Edition. I have two screens attached, one via VGA and a second via DVI. I use a screen resolution of 1920 by 1080. Using the same compare script on Toad version 6.3 I have no problem.

Only when I use Version 6.5 does this problem occur.

Changing the resolution did not help.

Changing the DPI to 100% did the trick, but I need the resolution that I use ( for the web application we develop) and have a hard time with the small fonts. Maybe I could change my system fonts, or maybe you could use the display drivers you used in Version 6.3 :).

Sincerely,

Shimon J.

You are right and now I am able reproduce issue on Windows 7 too. I created task for fix QAT-11863 and I hope we will fix it soon.

There is one workaround. You are able change size of these boxes when you change size of column list area. In the middle of dialog there is a splitter which allow you change it.

Filip

Hi Filip,

Thanks for the great work-around.

Shimon J.