Completely off topic!!!

I’m very sorry for those who are not in the USA, this email isn’t
going to mean much to you. Feel free to delete.

For those who are in the USA, may I just say, from unusually cold Austin, Texas

HOOK ‘EM!!!

\m/

Mike McAllister

Principal Systems Engineer

TKC Global, LLC

Phone: 210 652 3751

Cell: 512 423 7447

Email: michael@pairofsixes.com

If I had seen this before the game I would have said Roll Tide J Sorry about
McCoy, at least the horns made it a game.

chris

As directed by my employer, I wore the jersey of my choice…a black
sweatshirt (not the Fiesta Bowl one…that would have been overkill) with my
silver HORNED FROG.

Go purple! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr….it is cold in Texas!

Darlene R. Ulmet

Financial Analyst II

Decision Support Services

Baylor Health Care System

Phone: (214) 820-1936

Fax: (214)820-8284

Email: Darlene.Ulmet@BaylorHealth.edu

I was pulling for the Horned Frogs! I’d like their chances vs. UT WITH
McCoy

I was pulling for the Horned Frogs! I’d like their chances vs. UT WITH
McCoy

Nope, even translate.google.com has difficulties with that one!

I have no idea what you guys are chatting about. Possibly that game you
refer to as "football", but the language used is beyond a poor Jock like
me! :wink:

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

PS. Horned Frogs are nice -
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=horned+frog&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3g-m7

If you were heading down a dark alley in the bad part of town, I think you’d want this guy on your shoulder:

Norm,

Nope, even translate.google.com has difficulties with that one!

Try googling "horned frog football" and UT is University of Texas

Ed
[TeamT]

The Horned Frogs are TCU (Texas Christian University). UT is University of Texas (Austin). This matchup would be like a David vs. Goliath in the American college football world. UT is a big time program with big time money and TCU is more of a relatively unknown team that doesn’t have the athletic budget of a school like UT. UT played for the national championship last week and it could’ve been argued that TCU should’ve had a chance to play for a national championship too (they were undefeated), but because of various reasons, they did not get a shot. It’s frustrating to follow a sport where at the beginning of the season, you can say with 100% certainty some teams have no chance to win the national championship because of the conference they are in (this is pretty much the case with my college team). I could go on and on, but I will stop here :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you have the wrong creature :slight_smile: Here is the real one:-

The trick is that even though it’s often called a Horned Frog, it’s
really a lizard. Interestingly, seeing as I’m transplanted from
Australia, the Texas Horned Lizard reminds me of the Australian Thorny
Devil a bit:-

Interestingly, the Thorny Devil has developed some interesting methods
of gathering drinking water:-

http://asknature.org/strategy/3f47ec0d4343c94f82e19e103ac20c34

Back to what Norm was asking - yes, it was about Football, although more
specifically “College Football”. My personal observation is that many
people (especially here in Texas) are more rabid about College Football
than they are about even Professional Football.

Regards,

Mike McAllister
Principal Systems Engineer
TKC Global, LLC
Phone: 210 652 3751
Cell: 512 423 7447
Email: michael@pairofsixes.com

Morning Mike, et al,

Unfortunately you have the wrong creature :slight_smile: Here is the real one:-

Texas horned lizard - Wikipedia

The trick is that even though it's often called a Horned Frog, it's
really a lizard. Interestingly, seeing as I'm transplanted from
Australia, the Texas Horned Lizard reminds me of the
Australian Thorny Devil a bit:-
My wife's favourite creature of all time.

Thorny devil - Wikipedia

Interestingly, the Thorny Devil has developed some
interesting methods of gathering drinking water:-
I have seen it! It stands in a puddle and all the water in the puddle
rises up over its feet, legs, body and because it holds its head
slightly down, the water then migrates down to its mouth. Stunning to
watch!

Back to what Norm was asking - yes, it was about Football,
although more specifically "College Football".
It's funny, in the UK, nobody ever mentions college football. Actually,
unless the England ladies win the world cup, no-one ever mentions
women's football either, only the men.

My personal observation is that many
people (especially here in Texas) are more rabid about
College Football than they are about even Professional Football.
I wonder if it's because when they play at college they have something
to play for - the sport, the love f the game. When they get
professional, they play for the money and the sport becomes second best?

Same as in football over here.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

The Horned Frogs are TCU (Texas Christian University). UT is
University of Texas (Austin).
I could go on and on, but I will stop here :slight_smile:
Thanks Brad.

Cheers,
Norm [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk