Toad World® Forums

Connection Category (Color) not displayed on SQL Editor

I migrated from TDP 3.5. to TDP 3.6.0.3248 (Beta Version) and I am satisfied with the new Interface.

I simultaneous open connections / SQL Editors on Oracle 11 and SQL Server 2014 (Production and Test Catalogues).

In previous versions of TDP, the Connnection Category (Color) was displayed on the SQL Editor tabpage (colored ball on the DB icon).

This is something I miss on the new TDP interface (I didn’t find a Setting).

The connection category color became the background color in editor.

ConnectionCategoryColor.png

However, the color is not shown if the tab is not active. I;ve created QAT-3905 for this issue.

To eric.heirbaut:

I have been tasked with investigating QAT-3905. As a temporary workaround, you can obtain the colored ball through specific skins. Maybe one of these would suit your fancy until the colored ball is restored for all skins:

• Coffee
    Coffee.png
  • Glass Oceans
    Glass Oceans.png
  • High Contrast
    High Contrast.png
  • iMaginary
    Imaginary.png
  • Lilian
  • Liquid Sky
  • McSkin
  • Metropolis
  • Metropolis Dark
  • Money Twins
  • Office 2003
  • Office 2007 Blue
  • Office 2007 Green
  • Office 2007 Pink
  • Seven
  • Springtime
  • Stardust
  • Summer 2008
  • VS2010
    To Change Skins
  1. In Toad Data Point, go to Tools -> Options

2. Under "Environment / Interface", select one of the skins listed above, then push "OK" or "Apply"

We will post again when the investigation of QAT-3905 has reached it's conclusion.

Software Associate Developer,
-Joshua Liong

To eric.heirbaut:

QAT-3905 has the colored category ball successfully restored.
Resolution.png

We encourage you to try the beta when the Toad Data Point 3.7 Beta is released. Your verification of the category color’s restoration on the user’s side would be greatly appreciated.

Software Associate Developer,
-Joshua Liong