Toad World® Forums

Copy/Paste doesn't work with CTRL+C -> CTRL+V

Hi

We already got some problems with the copy/paste with the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+C -> CTRL+V) in the past. But with last version, we’ve this problem on a very regularly basis (Nav 32 bit, Win 7 32 and 64 bit).

When we do the CTRL+C, it doesn’t copy the selected value (code, field value from a table, …) it keeps the last value we’ve copied before. The only way to make it work is to use the mouse, right clic, copy.

Quiet annoying, because most programmers use the keyboard, and not the mouse (lost of time)

Regards

Martin

Martin, can you go to Preferences -> Editor, to make sure you select Ctrl + C for the shortcut of Copy?

Sent: ‎15/‎01/‎2016 11:44 PM

To: sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] Copy/Paste doesn’t work with CTRL+C -> CTRL+V

Copy/Paste doesn’t work with CTRL+C -> CTRL+V

Thread created by martin_goblet
Hi

We already got some problems with the copy/paste with the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+C -> CTRL+V) in the past. But with last version, we’ve this problem on a very regularly basis (Nav 32 bit, Win 7 32 and 64 bit).

When we do the CTRL+C, it doesn’t copy the selected value (code, field value from a table, …) it keeps the last value we’ve copied before. The only way to make it work is to use the mouse, right clic, copy.

Quiet annoying, because most programmers use the keyboard, and not the mouse (lost of time)

Regards

Martin

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - Beta
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Vincent

I only see the undo (CTRL+Z) key mapping :

CTRL+C is a standard, I’ve never seen another combination of keys for this action. The paste is usually CTRL+V or Shift+Insert

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Do you have any other shorcut conflict in system?

and did it work after restart Nav?

Michael

Hi Michael

We’ve only the problem with CTRL+C in SQL Nav, and we all have this problem on a regular base. Restarting SQL NAV solves this problem.

Regards

Martin

I am facing the same problem in the new SQL Nav 7.3 beta. It works initially when the navigator is started and after sometime Ctrl+C doesnt work. Have to use the mouse right click>Copy. I couldn’t find any mapping for Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in the Preferences>Editor.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Hi All,

Thanks for you help, we can reproduce this issue now.

This happen when copy/paste from datagrid with updateable off in 7.3 beta.

we have raised defect ID SQLNAV-1988 for it, and will fix soon.

Thanks again,

Michael

Hi All

I have an issue with my toad latest version. When i do space it is printing v. When we do the CTRL+C, it doesn’t copy the selected value (code, field value from a table, …) it keeps the last value we’ve copied before. The only way to make it work is to use the mouse, right clic, copy.

Regards,
JK

Hi JK,
Welcome to the Toad World community. Which Toad product are you using, is it Toad for Oracle or other Toad? Have you checked whether it happens in other programs in the same machine? Have you configured custom shortcuts within Toad of other utilities that installed in your machine?
Thanks,
Vincent

Hi all, please note that the original issue reported as SQLNAV-1988 has been fixed since version 7.3.

Hi Vliu,

I am using toad for Oracle and Tried with Toad 12 and 13. Both are having same issues. Tried several times with uninstall and install . No luck.

Regards,
JK

It is happening only with Toad. Other programs are good. I didn't configure any custom shortcuts.

Hi JK,

You are in the SQL Navigator forum. If you started a new thread we could move it to the Toad for Oracle forum, but since you commented on an existing thread we cannot.

We have had a couple of similar support cases but haven't figured this problem out yet. It seems like there is some Windows setting that Toad doesn't like. You can try resetting Toad's user files (described here Toad for Oracle not working after in place upgrade to Win 10) but I don't know if that will solve it. One user installed Toad on a fresh PC and the problem was gone.

If you want to continue this conversation, please post here https://forums.toadworld.com/c/toad-for-oracle/10.

Thanks.

John Dorlon