Toad World® Forums

CPU information for the OS cannot be collected. Windows connection details have not been set up.

Hello,

I have a SQL availability group named SharePoint-AG running in an active/passive manner on two servers: SRV6 and SRV7. I have added SharePoint-AG as a SQL Server to Spotlight running on the cluster SharePoint-AG. (Yes, the SQL listener and the cluster have the exact same name - don’t judge me too harshly as this was my first availability group.) When I go into the SQL server SharePoint-AG properties, the connection is set to SharePoint-AG as "Cluster (monitor active node). When I click the Test button, Spotlight reports “SQL Server Test Successded”. I’ve also added an Availability Group connection for SharePoint-AG showing that it runs on SRV6 and SRV7. Again, when I click on the Test button for the Availability Group, I get “Availability Group Test Succeeded”. I’ve also added SRV6 and SRV7 as Windows servers.

When I select Windows SRV6 or Windows SRV7, I see the CPU load on each server but when I select SQL Server SharePoint-AG, the CPU Usage monitor is greyed out and had an error flag that reads “CPU information for the OS cannot be collected. Windows connection details have not been set up.”

Can anyone confirm if the CPU Usage monitor works with SQL running as an Availability Group? Does anyone have any recommendation on why my SQL monitor won’t display the CPU Usage.

I’ve even tried adding a SQL Server named SRV6 which is running on Windows server SRV6 - essentially ignoring the fact that there is an availability group - but even THAT refuses to display the CPU usage.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Ken

Hi Ken,

So the Windows SRV6 home page shows the CPU but the SQL Server named server connection associated with that Windows connection still doesn’t show the CPU.

Just to eliminate any corruption, you may want to remove all connections (SQL Server, Windows, AG) you’ve created for SRV6 and SRV7. You’ll need to first remove SQL Server connections before you can delete the Windows ones. Next, on the Diagnostic Server host, go to this folder: C:\Program Files\Dell or Quest Software\Diagnostic Server\Agent\conf\Monitored_Entity\ folder and make sure there are no XML files with names containing these servers; delete any that’s found. Restart your Diagnostic Server services using Services.msc.

Then back in Spotlight create a SQL Server connection to SRV6 named server and click Create button on the same connection window to create it’s Windows connection. Are you able to see CPU matrix in SQL Server Home page of this connection?

If you still don’t then I suggest to contact our support team and submit a service request.

Gita
Visit our Support Portal page