Toad World® Forums

Crash when alphanumeric in numeric field

Hi

Edit Data: enter a char into a column of the type number…when exiting the cell CRASH!!!

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

I could not reproduce the issue here yet.

On our testing environments, we are aware of an issue where ‘NAN’ is displayed when the focus put the cell (when it is empty/NULL) in edit mode, but after exit out the cell, any characters input in the cell (including ‘NAN’) will be cleared out, and only numeric values will be accepted.

In the spool out put, ‘NAN’ is also displayed for empty/NULL numeric fields. I have attached 2 screen shots for your reference. Roman has already got the task to fix those 2 issues with ‘NAN’ in our 6.3 code branch.

Could you please let us know if you could reproduce this stability issue consistently, and any more info which could help us to investigate/produce it here.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong
datagrid.jpeg

Hi Filipe,

I could not reproduce the issue here yet.

On our testing environments, we are aware of an issue where ‘NAN’ is displayed when the focus put the cell (when it is empty/NULL) in edit mode, but after exit out the cell, any characters input in the cell (including ‘NAN’) will be cleared out, and only numeric values will be accepted.

In the spool out put, ‘NAN’ is also displayed for empty/NULL numeric fields. I have attached 2 screen shots for your reference. Roman has already got the task to fix those 2 issues with ‘NAN’ in our 6.3 code branch.

Could you please let us know if you could reproduce this stability issue consistently, and any more info which could help us to investigate/produce it here.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong
spool.jpeg

Hi Bruce

I get it everytime

create table test (a integer);
(edit mode)
select * from test;
(add row)
(put A in the cell)
(exit cell)

Regards
Filipe

PS: I tried in 11g and 10.2 g
I’m using Windows Vista

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: sqlnavigator.exe
Application Version: 6.2.0.1498
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd
Exception Code: ebad562e
Exception Offset: 0003fbae
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.16
Locale ID: 2070
Additional Information 1: fffc
Additional Information 2: d68c769abfb9474730b90730462cd6b1
Additional Information 3: 9f58
Additional Information 4: 516128bc34f2366f0470b92d7fb726f2

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Hi Filipe,

We could still not reproduce it yet. We tried all OS and Oracle clients and (DBs) but have no luck yet :-).

Could you please send us the Support Bundle including your preferences. Please go to Help->Submit Feedbacks, please select the option ‘Include Preferences’, then Save to File. Please send us the 2 files - SupportBundle.prof & SupportBundle.dta

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi All,

Much appreciated that you all could please check this out and let us know if you can reproduce this AV issue as reported by Filipe.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

I already did. Nav simply ignores any invalid input and clears the field.

Hi

I send the files using send files option mentioning this thread
(the send_to address was nao_support (at) oz.quest.com

Regards
Filipe
PS: I will be in vacations and will not connect to the web for 2 weeks

Hi

due to my vacation and not knowning for sure if the send worked here goes in 7zip compress format the files (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Thanks

Filipe
SupportBundle.7z (773 KB)

Hi guys

If you can’t reproduce it (and no other costumers complain) it must be something with my system/machine (I didn’t tried it in another, sorry).

Because in all the Tests I made I got crash
database 10g : 10.2.0.3.0
11g : 11.1.0.7.0
tns connection
direct connection
tns connection
direct connection
tns connection

Note: in 5.5.4 it would not allow me to enter the alphanumeric char in the datagrid but allowed me to enter in the cell editor and crashed after the ok button

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Many thanks for sending the files.

Have a great vacation. Big thanks from our team for your assistance and feedback up to date.

Looking forward to hearing more from you when you are back :-).

Take care,
Bruce

Hi again

I forgot to say that I tested it in XP in another machine and it worked fine
(it cleans the field…no crash).

Thanks again and sorry if it’s just a particular error of my system.

PS: I have SQL Nav 5.5, 6.1.1 and 6.2 in my machine (Xpert edition) in Windows Vista