Toad World® Forums

Create new Maintenance Plan with Import does not refresh Maintenance Plans list

Steps:

1. On server “A” export a maintenance plan to a .mpp file.

2. On server “B” create a new maintenance plan, then click the Import button and select the file you created in step 1.

3. Save the Plan.

Expected: That Maintenance Plans node in Object Explorer would refresh to show the newly created maintenance plan.

Actual: Maintenance Plans node did not refresh.

1. Right-click the maintenance plans node in object explorer and choose Refresh.

Expected: That Maintenance Plans node in Object Explorer would refresh to show the newly created maintenance plan.

Actual: Maintenance Plans node did not refresh.

In fact, the only way to get the maintenance plans node to show the new maintenance plan is to right-click the connection object and choose “Reconnect”.

Note: After Step 3, you get a notice that the plan was saved successfully. After clicking OK on that message, instead of clicking OK again to close the maintenance plan window, close it using the “X” in the top-right.

On my last attempt I noticed that if I closed it using the OK button at the bottom of the screen instead it did seem to refresh the maintenance plan list. This is on build Beta 6.6.0.974.

Hi Darren,

Thank you very much for provide the details and comfirm. I create TSS-1063 for the issue . It did will confuse user.

Best Regards,

Kelly