Toad World® Forums

create table : incorrect ddl

Hello Michael,

The ddl generated for creating a table is incorrect.

This works in version 1 but there seems to be a problem with the beta version.

Scale and precision should not be generated for user datatypes. (We had encountered this problem in earlier versions).

INDIC is a user datatype with a bound default which should not be generared here.

I tried to isolate the problem with the attached sql file and came up with

use tempdb
go

create table TEST (
EMPL_NO ADH_REF not null,
POSTAL_ADR1 POSTAL_ADR default ‘102006’ not null
)
lock allpages

which is also incorrect but not what I was expecting to find.

Run against an ASE 12.5.3.

def_rule.sql (642 Bytes)

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Script generation will be something that we concentrate on for the next release. I went ahead and created CR Number 94,165 for this issue.

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

Anything new here ?

I noticed that my user defined data types still have scale and precision added when used to create a table. So I guess you have not included anything new in this beta.

Is that correct ?
20120517_ScreenShot001.jpeg

Hello Jean-Pierre,

That should not be the case. If you have the time, could you please try out build 577 and let me know if it is still an issue?

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

Sorry but it got worse. I now have an error ‘invalid encrkeyid’ when double clicking on a table entry and nothing much is generated :

/***** create table dbo.TEST *****/
create table dbo.TEST (

)go

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Would it be possible to get the ExceptionTrace.log file when this error occurs? Also may I please have the server version?

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

I am sending you the exception log. I could not rerun the test because the verison has expired.

And here’s the version number :

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12338 ESD#1/P/NT (IX86)/OS 4.0/ase1253/1900/32-bit/OPT/Mon Jan 24 23:52:28 2005
ExceptionTrace.zip (26.8 KB)

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I believe this happens on 12.5.3 because of the encryption key columns. We no longer use these columns and the next 1.3 beta should not have the issue.

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

The ddl extraction works fine now.

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

I am afraid you are using the encryption key columns again in Toad for Sybase 1.4.0.892 Beta Version.

Message was edited by: Jean-Pierre

Hello Michael,

I am afraid you are using the encryption key columns again in Toad for Sybase 1.4.0.892 Beta Version.

Message was edited by: Jean-Pierre

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I’ve removed this again and added a large notice that encryption information should not be pulled with column info.

It will be fixed in the next beta and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Michael,

This has indeed been corrected in Toad for Sybase 1.4.0.921 Beta Version.

Thanks