Toad World® Forums

Creating Database Diagram generates errors

When I drag a table onto the Table Diagram surface for Toad to generate a Diagram, I get the following error and only the table I dragged shows, the related tables are not picked-up. This worked fine with beta 5.8 a few days ago.

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.SqlServer.Trl.Tables.TableTrl.GetReferedTo()
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowRelationReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowReferences(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Quest.Toad.Gui.Dialogs.ProgressForm.InternalInvoke()

Trying to add all tables from the current database to the diagram, generated the following error.

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.SqlServer.Trl.Tables.TableTrl.GetReferedTo()
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowRelationReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowObjectReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowObjectReferences(ProgressForm sender, ITrl trl, TrlCollection col, Int32 num)
at Quest.Toad.Diagramming.ErDiagramControl.FollowReferences(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Quest.Toad.Gui.Dialogs.ProgressForm.InternalInvoke()

Message was edited by: ljs3

Hello Lorenzo,

Actually it is already known issue.
We have CR # 105885.

Thanks for your report.

regards, Julia.